A victim of a sadistic serial abuser has said ‘no woman’ is safe’ as he is set for early prison release after spending just 12 months behind bars.

Michael McCash- known as Mikie - was caged for three years in January 2020 after a horrific eight-year campaign of domestic abuse against four former girlfriends.

The Dundee thug was labelled a modern-day Jekyll and Hyde after subjecting his victims to shocking violent attacks including holding a knife to one woman’s throat and using a pillow to smother another.

McCash will soon be released less than half way through his 27 month sentence for domestic abuse.

The Daily Record and Sunday Mail have always been at the forefront when it comes to reporting crime in Scotland.

But did you know all the ways you can stay informed of the top crime and courts headlines?

We share live crime news as well as stories on historical cases, keeping our readers informed and updated across the country.

But following an appeal the 29-year-old thug’s prison term was reduced from 36 to 27 months, with a supervision order cut to one year from two.

This week his four victims received letters outlining the plan for his release on the 29 January.

One brave victim told the Daily Record ‘no woman is safe’ while the violent personal trainer walks the streets.

Speaking anonymously she said: “People need to be aware of what he is capable of.

He is a very dangerous person, I don’t think any woman’s safe while he’s on the street.

And she added: “I think the thing that hurts the most is I know he'll be living this up feeing like he got off light and he won.

“When the whole reason I came forward was for it to be my turn to be heard, seen and get what I deserved. 13 months isn't even close to that.”

The magnitude of McCash’s horrific crimes were laid bare at Dundee Sherif Court in January 2020.

He had originally faced 26 charges of violence and traumatic intimidation and abuse against the brave women.

The court heard how he spat on his victims, head butted and punched them, stuffed socks down their throats, choked them and, in one case, used a pillow to smother one.

In one of the assaults, a victim was rushed to A&E after he bent her arm so far back that a “crack” sound was heard.

He also held a knife to the throat of two women and threatened to kill another by crashing the car he was driving.

During one attack he threw a mobile phone so hard at a girlfriend that it left an imprint on her face.

Another savage attack was only stopped when McCash’s own father intervened and had an argument with him.

The repeated assaults took place at various addresses in Dundee between 2008 and 2016.

The victim described McCash’s release as a “slap in the face.”

She said: “He pled guilty to the charges which resulted in a lesser sentence of 36 months, for violently attacking 4 women.

“He then went on to appeal that sentence having it reduced to 27 months, and it now released after only serving just over 13.

“This is the whole reason why people don’t come forward about domestic violence, because they go through such a long time building a case, reliving the trauma all over again, for the court system to just let you down at the last hurdle.

“I don’t understand how you can plead guilty and admit to a crime but constantly have your sentence reduced again and again.

“We as victims have a life long sentence, our lives are effected forever by the things he’s done.

“He has still never shown the slightest bit of remorse, not even an apology has passed his lips as of yet.

“I hope for the sake of other women and himself that he has been rehabilitated in his pitiful sentence time, but I’m no sure it could be done in such a short space of time.

“The system has failed us all massively, and anyone else who looked to this case for courage to come forward with their own situations.”