Great Britain
This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

Toddler rushed to hospital after being bitten by a dog as she walked through Chingford park with her parents


Witnesses said they heard screams, with the dog since seized by cops

A TODDLER has been rushed to hospital after being bitten by a dog as she walked with her parents and a baby in a pram.

Witnesses said they heard screams as the little girl, believed to be about three-years-old, was attacked by a "small brown pitbull-type dog".

And it's been claimed the dad of the little girl had to pull the dog off his daughter - getting injured himself.

Police are now investigating the attack that unfolded in Mansfield Park, Chingford, East London, on Tuesday.

Witness Richard Woodburn, 53, told My London: "The owner was shouting at the dog to come back. Then I heard him shout louder and louder and then I heard screaming."

He added: "I ran back up the hill but the dog was already being held down by the owner.

"The dad had to prise the dog off her head. He sustained injuries to his hands.”

And in devastating detail, he said the little girl appeared to be badly injured, left crying after the attack.

Metropolitan Police have said the dog was seized by officers.

No arrests have been made.

It comes after a baby boy was left in a serious condition when he was mauled by a "loving" pet.

The baby boy was rushed to hospital and required surgery after the terrifying attack.

The dog is described as “loving and affectionate” - and had shown no previous signs of aggression.

South Yorkshire Police said: “The incident was out of character for the dog, who has no previous history of aggression, and no reports of community concerns had been made to the police.

"The owner of the dog described him as being ‘pleasant’ and ‘affectionate’ with children.”

There have been a string of dog attacks in the UK, with one recent attack seeing dad Ian Price mauled to death.

Brave passers-by tried to rip the dogs off the 52-year-old after they attacked him in September in Stonall, Staffordshire.