A two year-old boy was killed after his mother’s boyfriend tortured him while screaming ‘Do you love me?’, police say. Jameson Long died Tuesday, two days after Brian O’Grodick, 22, allegedly attacked him at his home in Joplin, Missouri.

O’Grodnick reportedly spent months abusing the little boy, while filming the torture on his phone. Shortly before Jameson’s death, his mother Graci Simpson shared a heart-wrenching update on Facebook, writing: ‘I want everyone to understand that Jameson is gone.

‘The only thing working on its own is his heart and it’s badly injured/dying best case. He is on life support but will be fully dead soon.’

Graci said seeing her ailing son in hospital had left her ‘beyond broken,’ and explained that she had shared the update ‘so everyone can start to grieve, because the reality is I’m going to have to bury my baby.’ She later said that tests on Jameson confirmed that he was brain-dead.

Jameson died after being taken to the Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, for specialist treatment in a vain attempt to save his life.



O’Grodnick, charged with felony child abuse Monday, allegedly filmed himself abusing the boy throughout April and May this year, with the first incident on his phone said to show him pinching the corners of the toddler’s mouth, before shoving the child’s face.

He is likely to face upgraded charges in the wake of his alleged victim’s death.

Another clip shot the next day depicts O’Grodnick pinched the boy’s face again, while making him repeat phrases, before striking him across the face, according to police.

On April 22, O’Grodnick is said to have filmed himself choking the boy while making him beg for water. He pretended to punch the boy twice to scare him, then landed an actual blow on the toddler’s face, the Joplin Globe reported.

The distressing ‘Do you love me?’ torture clip was recorded on May 1, with O’Grodnick accused of filming himself shoving the toddler moments after demanding his affection.

A police affidavit said the boy was covered in bruises and scratches. O’Grodnick’s alleged abuse is said to have left him crying and shaking. Those attacks are said to have culminated in the toddler being left unconscious Sunday morning, the Joplin Globe reported.

Paramedics were called to the toddler’s home and found him unresponsive. He was taken to a local hospital, then transferred to Children’s Mercy Hospital of Kansas City for specialist treatment. Sadly, attempts to save the youngster proved unsuccessful.

A GoFundMe page set up to support Graci and Jameson’s father Chris Long said: ‘Chris & Graci are experiencing the worst thing any parent could ever go through. Due to the hideous actions of someone else their baby boy sustained injuries his little boy could not recover from. 



Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page