A student has recalled how she started to vomit and almost collapsed on a night out before finding a pin-prink on her hand.

Sarah Buckle, 19, had been out on Freshers Week with pals at the University of Nottingham when her hand started to throb.

Sarah, who had been at a Nottingham nightclub on September 28, was rushed to hospital and has spoken about the terrifying ordeal.

It is the latest account in a series of suspected attacks where victims are allegedly spiked through injection.

More than one woman has come forward with similar reports in recent weeks.

The management student said her friends immediately knew something was wrong when he stopped talking.

Have you been affected by this story? Get in touch at [email protected]

Sarah Buckle has recalled how she collapsed and ended in hospital after she says she was 'spiked via injection' (

Image:

DAILY MIRROR)

She told ITV : "I started being sick all over myself and my friends could sense something was wrong."

She was rushed to hospital and when she woke up, she couldn't remember anything that happened the previous evening.

Sarah said she had a throbbing pain in her left hand and said it had a puncture wound with a distinct pin-prick in the middle.

She then told her "shock" and "disgust" at realising she may have been spiked by injection.

Sarah said: "My hand was throbbing really bad. I also knew I wasn't intoxicated on a stupid level or overly drunk.

"I knew I had clearly been spiked but it would have never occurred to me it was via injection if my hand wasn't throbbing. I thought 'how?' I never take a drink away from the bar.

"You think spiking is to do with your drink, you don't think something would go into your body."

Sarah's account comes as multiple women have reported similar experiences.

Last Monday, Zara Owen, 19, from Surrey, who is also a student at the University of Nottingham was on a night out in the city with her pals.

This is the mark that was left on Sarah's hand after she says she was spiked

Upon entering the club and going through security, she went to get a drink from the bar, but that is where her memories of that night ended.

The next thing she remembers is waking up the next morning without any recollection of what had happened after they entered the club, something that had never happened to her before, she told The Mirror.

Some experts have cast doubt on this being a widespread phenomenon due to multiple variables such as the size of needle needed, the amount of liquid to cause an effect as well as the medical knowledge needed to perform the injection.

Guy Jones, senior scientist at drugs charity the Loop, told VICE World News: “GHB would be a poor candidate for injection due to the large amount of fluid needed, and therefore the thick, painful needle. This means that the substance involved would be something that would be highly detectable for several days in a toxicology screening such as a benzodiazepine.”

David Caldicott, an emergency medicine consultant and founder of drug testing project WEDINOS, also said: “There are a couple of things that are disconcerting about this story. The technical and medical knowledge required to perform this would make this deeply improbable.

"It is at the level of a state-sponsored actor incapacitating a dissident, like the Novichok incident. The idea that a clubber would do this to a fellow clubber seems highly unlikely to me."

Nottinghamshire Police arrested a man after reports of three women being injected with needles, but he has since been bailed.

Superintendent Kathryn Craner, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “We are currently investigating reports of individuals suspecting that their drinks have been spiked.

The NHS website provides some guidelines on what to do if your skin has been punctured with a used needle.

They advise to 'wash the wound using running water and plenty of soap', 'dry the wound and cover it with a waterproof plaster or dressing' and to not scrub the wound or suck any blood.

Nottingham Police's websites has some guidance on what to do if your drink has been spiked, but they currently do not have any guidelines on being injected.

They advise to: "Tell the people you’re with and make sure you’re someone where you feel safe.

"Alert a member of staff at the pub or club you are at. If you feel unwell you should seek medical attention immediately and tell them that you believe your drink has been spiked."

"Linked to this a small number of victims have said that they may have felt a scratching sensation as if someone may have spiked them physically. Consequently, we are actively investigating all these reports."

A University of Nottingham spokesperson said: “The University and Students’ Union are concerned by these reports and are working closely with Nottinghamshire Police and the city’s nightlife venues.

"We would encourage our students to be additionally vigilant and follow police advice to report any suspicions to them immediately for investigation

"Student welfare is our top priority and we already run a range of schemes to support students’ personal safety when on a night out."

Read More Read More