The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the now dropped Sussex Royal Foundation signed an agreement in December last year, it has been revealed. The arrangements were made about a month before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their plans to step back as senior royals.
An annual report from the Royal Foundation revealed that Sussex Royal were granted more than £200,000 to facilitate its set-up and for other developments.
In a report consolidating the end of 2019, the Royal Foundation wrote: “On December 18, 2019, an agreement was signed with the Sussex Royal Foundation by which The Royal Foundation intended to grant half of the net future proceeds received by the Diana Fund to Sussex Royal.
“In March 2020 The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced that they would no longer be operating Sussex Royal as their primary philanthropic vehicle in the UK and accordingly their share of the net income will instead be donated to another charity of The Duke of Sussex’s choosing.”
The Royal Foundation charity gained legal control of The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund in order to safeguard any future income.
William and Harry drift further apart as they split earnings from Diana fund
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped back as senior royals
The memorial fund is not actively fundraising but reportedly receives some occasional donations and legacies.
Before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to become financially independent and split from the joint charity, the Royal Foundation had operated under the names of Sussexes and Cambridges.
After the split the charity was renamed the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The Sussex Royal Foundation was established but has now been abandoned.
READ MORE: Prince William heartbreak: Duke trying to reconnect with Harry
Prince William and Harry will half the earnings from Princess Diana's memorial fund
The report also said that in 2019 The Royal Foundation received £21,346 from The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund.
Prince Harry will reportedly be asking for his share to got to the charity Sentebale.
The organisation aims to help victims of extreme poverty and HIV/AIDS in Lesotho, Botswana and Malawi.
The Royal Foundation’s report also revealed that an unrestricted grant of £145,000 was given to Sussex Royal to help it commence.
Royal feud: How Queen’s jaw-dropping remark confirmed huge divide [UPDATE]
How Camilla IS Princess of Wales - despite Diana fury [INSIGHT]
Princess Diana's two lavish rings from Dodi Al-Fayed [ANALYSIS]
Sussex Royal were granted more than £200,000 to facilitate its set-up and for other developments
The Royal Foundation said it is remaining as the main philanthropic vehicle for the Cambridges
An additional £100,000 was given to Sussex Royal for the development of Harry’s sustainable tourism programme Travalyst.
The Royal Foundation also said it will provide “a home legacy projects set up by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex".
These include the Empowering Communities and Full Effect programmes.
They aim to end youth violence in London and Nottingham and provide funding to a community kitchen in West London.
This month the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been winding up their Sussex Royal foundation.
The couple are moving ahead with their global charitable body named after their son Archie.
The Sussexes have been establishing their new charitable organisation, Archewell
The Sussexes are now living in LA after officially stepping down as senior royals in March.
They have been establishing their new charitable organisation, Archewell.
The Royal Foundation said it is remaining as the main philanthropic vehicle for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.