Hours before Rod Stewart's closing BRIT Awards performance, a pre trial hearing for his assault case was scheduled.
The veteran rocker is accused of punching a security guard at a Florida hotel on New Year's Eve in a dispute over entry into a private party.
Sir Rod, 75, and his son Sean, 39, have both pleaded not guilty to a charge of simple battery.
Sir Rod did not attend a hearing in Palm Beach on Tuesday as he was in London ahead of the BRITS ceremony at 02 Arena.
A pre-trial hearing has now been set for April 17.
The singer and his son were charged following an alleged altercation with a guard at the Breakers Palm Beach Hotel on New Year's Eve.
The hotel's security guard, named as Jessie Dixon in police documents, alleges they were part of a group attempting to get into a private party in a children's area.
When asked to leave, it is alleged Sir Rod and his group "began to get loud and cause a scene" before Sean got "about nose to nose" with Mr Dixon.
The security guard claimed that Sean shoved him backwards after he put the back of his right hand on his chest, and that Sir Rod then stepped towards him and punched him in the ribs.
Rod was in a celebratory mood as he attended the BRITs on Tuesday night along with wife Penny Lancaster.
The duo posed for pictures on the red carpet before the bash, where Rod will later close the show alongside his Faces bandmates Kenney Jones and Ronnie Wood.
This will be Rod's second time performing at the music event. He previously took to the stage in 1993 where he picked up the award for outstanding contribution to music.
The news that Rod would return this year was announced in January.
In a statement Rod said: "Happy to be asked to close out the Brits on their 40th show celebrations."
A ceremony insider told The Sun: “Getting an icon on the line-up like Rod was a triumph to begin with.
“Getting the Faces back together is unbelievable.
"It’s an amazing thing to round out the 40th ceremony given they have had such illustrious careers.”