The investigation to find Kyle Vaughan's body and to discover the truth about what happened to him is still ongoing, police have said.
Gwent Police launched a murder investigation shortly after Kyle's disappearance on December 30, 2012, and eight arrests were made in relation to the 24-year-old's apparent death but all suspects were released without charge. Go here to see a brief timeline showing all the key stages in the case so far and here to read a full piece on the investigation featuring an interview with Kyle's father.
Despite years of work by police to determine the facts surrounding the disappearance so far the search has led to more questions than answers but work is still being carried out to bring Kyle's family justice.
Speaking almost nine years after Kyle's last sighting detective chief superintendent Nicky Brain, Gwent Police’s head of crime, said work continues.
She added: "Our investigation into what happened to Kyle that night in December remains very much active. Almost nine years on we remain in regular contact with Kyle’s family.
"Any information we receive from members of the public is recorded and investigated by officers on our major incident team.
"This has obviously been an extensive inquiry. To date 40 areas have been searched, in excess of 200 people interviewed, more than 180 intelligence logs submitted, and nearly 900 witness statements taken.
"Unfortunately though we still don’t have the answers we need and Kyle’s family so desperately want.
"We’re still keen to receive any information that may assist our inquiries however minor you may feel it is.
"Anyone with any information can call us on 101 or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
To get the latest news from WalesOnline sent straight to your email inbox, including our regular Crime and Punishment updates, click here.