A mum who claims she was badly scalded by a "poorly put together" McDonald's cup of hot water has posted graphic images of her injured legs.

Rosie Chapman, from St Albans, Herts, says she may need a skin graft following the alleged incident on Friday October 16.

The 28-year-old also slammed McDonald's staff for allegedly "lacking compassion" and telling her to leave after the accident took place.

The shocking images show how Rosie's inner thigh has been left blistered and sore.

Another taken a few days later shows her scarred legs wrapped in medical plastic, with the puckered skin visible below.

Rosie says the accident took place at 10.40pm in a car park near the McDonald's in Hemel Hempstead.

Grisly images appear to show how Rosie's inner thigh blistered and raw
Her skin is blistered and raw in the images

Posting to the McDonald's UK Facebook and on Twitter, Rosie said: "After a poorly put together cup containing scalding hot water, refused to be let into the store for a wet towel water ice everything I was screaming in pain for.

"After sitting on the floor in the bathroom with my skin blistering, I was crying scared in pain, being told to leave as it was closing time! I may possibly need a skin graft.

"Please explain why your staff are so poorly trained, your drinks could be hot enough to cause this and where the hell was any ounce of compassion for the pain and suffering, I was dealing with.

Her legs wrapped in plastic dressings a few days after

"The security guard on the door refused to let me in.

"The manager asked me to leave and to stop screaming once I finally got let in.

"The manager wouldn't give me any assistance. Not one tap in the bathroom had an option for cold running water."

"You will see from the CCTV exactly how it all panned out.

"I'm so upset with how little compassion any of the staff had that night. I was not some teenager loitering outside being a nuisance.

"I'm a mother to three children. Who I cannot care for at this moment in time."

The images have shocked social media users.

Sarah Boenke wrote: "Jesus Christ that's horrific.

"I'm so sorry bless you, you should get compensated from McDonald's their cups are clearly unsafe or staff not paying attention causing potential life changing injuries."

Dean Taylor added: "Lawsuit, McDonald's should be ashamed."

And Ella Louise Scarrott said: "I hope you heal as quickly as possible, absolute disgrace."

Mirror Online has approached McDonald's for comment.