Great Britain

Meghan Markle baby: Queen was 'caught off guard with announcement' – Monarch blindsided

Meghan Markle and Harry: Expert discusses Prince Charles' role

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announcement earlier this month that they are expecting their second child earlier. Palace insider Ms Nicholls has insisted the surprise statement made on Valentine's Day, blindsided the Monarchy and should the Duke and Duchess of Sussex weren’t working with Buckingham Palace. The Royal Correspondent told Royal Beat producers took the Queen "off-guard"

Author and Vanity Fair writer Katie Nicholl tells the programme: “I think The Palace felt off guard about the pregnancy announcement [and] the Oprah announcement.

"It was clear that the Sussex’s were working as a machine in their own right - they weren’t working with the Palace. [Buckingham Palace] had made their minds up.

"They didn’t need until the 31 st of March to make that statement.

"My understanding from the sources that I have spoken to at the Palace was that they would [release it] earlier and bring an end to all this speculation.”

More to follow.

Royal Baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared a black and white picture of themselves in their garden

Royal Baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared a black and white picture of themselves in their garde (Image: MISAN HARRIMAN)

Football news:

Florentino Perez: Ronaldo won't be coming back to Real Madrid, it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying that Ramos will leave, but we are in a very bad financial situation
Perez on football: Young people say that matches are too long for them. If they think so, we should think about it
Perez on the semi-finalists of the Champions League and Europa League: They will not be excluded from the tournaments because of the Super League, I can assure you. We are protected by the law
Jurgen Klopp: The owners of Liverpool are not scammers. The team and I were not involved in the decision on the Super League
Florentino Perez: UEFA will not ban players from playing for national teams, don't worry. I am sure that the participants of the Super League will not be excluded from the Champions League and their own leagues
Real Madrid, Barca and Atletico will not be excluded from the championship. La Liga believes that the Super League project is not viable (COPE)
What did we learn about Super League on Monday? Bayern and Borussia will not be there, the players and coaches have not been told anything