MEGAN Thee Stallion slammed the rumors that Tory Lanez's charges were dropped after he "shot her" and insisted he's "going to jail!"
A media outlet had claimed the two were no longer going to court on Thursday.
Megan Thee Stallion, whose real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, called out the media outlet that claimed the charges against the Canadian rapper were dropped.
She shared on Twitter: "Y’all can’t tell when s**t fake news?
"Y’all still don’t see an ABUSER picking with me ? The first court date got pushed back bc of the inauguration but I can’t wait until the MF FACTS come out !
"B**ch you shot me AND MY STORY NOT CHANGING AND B**CH YOU GOING TO JAIL."
New York Times music reporter Joe Coscarelli also confirmed that the charges were not dropped, sharing: "a rep for Tory Lanez says it is NOT TRUE that charges against him in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting were dropped."
He quoted the source saying: "The blog that posted this info is wrong. I assume the docket hasn't been updated ... The next hearing date is in mid-February."
The news outlet being slammed is The Source, who wrongly assumed that the charges had been dropped because the court date for the trial had disappeared from the Los Angeles County Superior Court website.
The outlet claimed: "But according to the Los Angeles County Superior Court website, the charges against Tory stemming from the July 2020 incident have been dropped.
"There are no upcoming trial dates after yesterday’s trial."
Following Megan speaking out on social media, the outlet quickly edited their article to read: "But according to the Los Angeles County Superior Court website, there are no forthcoming court dates for Lanez, leading to fans suspecting the charges were dropped."
Daystar Peterson, who famously goes by Tory, his stage name, faces up to 22 years in prison if found guilty.
The rapper was arrested in July but quickly released on a $190,000 bond and ordered to stay away from the Savage singer.
In October, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced the 28-year-old Canadian hip-hop artist was charged for “assaulting” Megan.
Tory also faces additional counts over the allegations he “personally inflicted great bodily injury” at the Hollywood Hills mansion.
The investigation into the case is still being conducted by Los Angeles law enforcement.
Texas native Megan publicly accused the rapper of shooting her in the feet after a disagreement in July.
She had initially kept quiet for weeks, finally revealing that Tory was the shooter.
In the Instagram post, she wrote: "I didn't tell the police nothing, because I didn't want us to get in no more trouble than we was about to get in.
"Stop acting like black women is aggressive when all they be doing is speaking the facts, and you can't handle it.”
Megan and Tory left a lockdown-defying party at Kylie Jenner's house in the Hollywood Hills on July 12 when he allegedly shot her in both feet.
When police arrived, Megan said she told them she had stepped on broken glass - but later claimed in an Instagram video that she feared cops would start shooting if they knew there was a gun involved.
Tory responded to Megan’s claims on September 25 on his new album, Daystar, which accused her team of attempting to “frame” him.
He raps in one song: “I ain’t do it”, before adding, “Megan[’s] people trying to frame me for a shooting.”
Appearing to question the validity of Megan's injuries, he continues: "How the f**k you get shot in your foot but don't hit no bones or tendons?”
In October, TMZ reported Tory sent text messages to Megan after the shooting, telling her that he "was just too drunk".
He did not reference the shooting or having a gun, but said he felt “horrible.”
DOLLY'S PAINDolly Parton's brother Randy dead at 67 after battle with cancer
suits youJamie Redknapp and model girlfriend Frida wear matching £775 coats on coffee run
WHAT A SIGHTMAFS Australia's virgin groom Matthew becomes sex symbol after shock split
CRISIS POINTKatie Price says son Harvey attacked drivers so he could stay at home with her
CAN't BEAR itStephen Bear whines that all his friends have deserted him after arrest
BEAR DON'T CAREStephen Bear breaks quarantine again because 'rules don't apply to him'
The chain of text messages read: "I know u prolly never gone talk to me again, but I genuinely want u to know I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.”
"I was just too drunk. None the less s**t should have never happened and I can't change what did. I just feel horrible.
"Cuz I genuinely just got too drunk,” he concluded in the alleged messages.