Charlton Athletic are in no mood to sell striker Macauley Bonne this summer despite interest from the Championship.

The Addicks rejected an offer for from an 'unnamed' Championship club on Tuesday - that club now appears to have been Queens Park Rangers.

Reports on Thursday evening claimed that QPR had come back in with a second bid for the forward.

Mark Warburton's side have money to spend after the sale of Eberechi Eze, and have already spent around £2m on striker Lyndon Dykes.

Preston North End were linked with a move for Bonne last month - The Sun claimed the Lilywhites were 'lining up a cut-price' £500k move for him.

Manager Alex Neil has made it clear he wants to add to his squad this summer, with a striker the main priority for North End.

"I want to try and make sure that we get the relevant quality that we need to help us, and if we don't then I don't intend on signing anyone, that's not going to be as good as what I think we need," he said in his most recent press conference.

"The squad that I've got at the moment is in good shape; I don't need just another body."

Charlton signed Bonne in the summer of 2019 from Leyton Orient, for £200k - he went on to score 11 goals in his 33 Championship appearances.

When Lyle Taylor opted against playing for the club in the second half of last season, Bonne was called up to be first choice.

QPR, if anyone, appear to be in pole position to land the striker now - they are London based, have money to spend and ultimately Championship football to offer, whereas Charlton do not.

The League One club though will not sell Bonne cheaply and Lee Bowyer has been bullish when discussing the striker's future.

He most recently told South London News: “People are taking liberties with their offers; they are silly offers which we wouldn’t entertain.

"We bought Macauley as a project and so far he is developing well.

"If we hadn’t done a good job with him there wouldn’t be any interest in him.

“For us as a club, why would we sell Macauley now? Unless it was some crazy offer then we wouldn’t sell Macauley. It would be tough to replace him. So it doesn’t make sense."

Charlton are said to have received a £650,000 offer from Celtic for winger Alfie Doughty - Bowyer went on to confirm they wouldn't have even accepted £1million.

The directors at the League One club have been consistent in their view that neither player is for sale.