VICTIMS of a horrific apartment fire in Las Vegas hurled themselves out of windows to escape the deadly blaze, it has been claimed.
Three bodies were found on the pavement outside the downtown Alpine Motel Apartments - with three more discovered inside.
Residents - including one pregnant woman - were seen flinging themselves out of top-floor windows as the inferno took hold.
A total of 13 people were injured.
Fire chiefs said the blaze was contained to a single unit of the first floor and may have been accidental.
It is feared to be the second-deadliest fire in the history of Las Vegas - behind the MGM Grand fire in 1980.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski described it as the "worst fire fatality since the inception of the fire department."
ALL WHITE ON XMAS NIGHTWhite Christmas 'expected' with snow in parts amid -4C deep freeze
TWISTER TERRORScreaming family feared for their lives as 'crazy' TORNADO wrecked UK homes
MAC ATTACKMcDonald's customer, 19, stabbed & has 'acid' thrown over him in brutal attack
I WANNA BE LABR-ADOREDWonky-faced dog is searching for family who will 'see her heart'
FESTIVE FRIGHTHermes driver ruins Christmas for boy, 3, after setting £75 presents on FIRE
'BOMB' SCAREBerlin Christmas market evacuated in 'bomb alert' as two Syrians arrested
He added: "Most of the injuries are smoke inhalation and multiple fractures.
"One person had broken legs and back. It was accidental and not criminal."
Two cats and one dog also died.