Lancaster, Blackburn with Darwen and Preston continue to show the county's the biggest daily rises in new coronavirus cases, according to the latest Public Health England data.
A total of 951 people across Lancashire contracted the virus in the latest 24 hour period.
Lancaster recorded the highest increase with 112 positive tests while Blackburn with Darwen and Preston recorded 98 and 96 cases respectfully.
Data released this evening (January 18) also shows there were at least 50 new cases registered in Burnley, Chorley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Wyre as national lockdown enters its third week.
Again, the lowest jump in the county was found in Fylde with 31 cases since yesterday.
It brings the total number since the start of the pandemic in Lancashire to 97,968.
Number of daily confirmed cases of coronavirus by Lancashire borough as of Monday, January 18
The data below includes the total number of cases and overall infection rate for each area since the pandemic began. Many of these cases will no longer be active.
- Blackburn with Darwen: 14,407 (+98), 9,624.2 per 100,000
- Blackpool: 7,379 (+44), 5,291.7 per 100,000
- Burnley: 8,256 (+58), 9,284.8 per 100,000
- Chorley: 5,954 (+59), 5,036.5 per 100,000
- Fylde: 3,579 (+31), 4,430.6 per 100,000
- Hyndburn: 6,188 (+80), 7,635.5 per 100,000
- Lancaster: 7,119 (+112), 4,874.8 per 100,000
- Pendle: 7,987 (+78), 8,671 per 100,000
- Preston: 10,324 (+96), 7,212.8 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley: 3,635 (+45), 5,970 per 100,000
- Rossendale: 4,985 (+57), 6,973.8 per 100,000
- South Ribble: 5,860 (+61), 5,289.4 per 100,000
- West Lancashire: 7,010 (+78) 6,132.7 per 100,000
- Wyre: 5,285 (+54), 4,714.9 per 100,000
Public Health England (PHE) said a further 599 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Monday, bringing the UK total to 89,860.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies for deaths where Covid-19 has been mentioned on the death certificate, together with additional data on deaths that have occurred in recent days, show there have now been 105,000 deaths involving Covid-19 in the UK.
PHE also said a total of 4,062,501 people in the UK have received the first dose of a vaccine.
As of 9am on Monday, there had been a further 37,535 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.
It brings the total number of cases in the UK to 3,433,494.
Check out all the latest lockdown rules in your area by entering your postcode below
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on [email protected]