IN a week’s time, most of the nation will be sitting down to a festive feast.
But it is no longer just food we lay out on our tables.
Nearly half of us invest in a different table setting each Christmas, according to kitchen store Lakeland.
Interior designer Faye Robinson-Hey has six themes for you to recreate.
Wilko — Go For Gold
WILKO’s stylish set of art deco-inspired dinnerware looks far more expensive than it is.
You do not need to break the bank to give your Christmas dinner the golden touch.
- Ball bottle, £2
- Charger plate, £1
- Luxe sparkle side plate, £2.50
- Sparkle dinner plate, £2.50
- 16-pack sparkle napkins, £1
- Two-pack foil tealight holder, £2
- 12-pack maxi vanilla scented tealights, £1.50
- 16-piece gold-effect cutlery set, £20
- Star decorations, £1 to £2 each
- Six-pack deluxe crackers, £8
- Champagne glass, £3
- Wine glass, £3
The Range — Razzle Dazzle
BLING up the table to match your festive frock by picking a few show-stopping accessories from The Range.
Decorate with pink placemats, glitter deer, baubles and acrylic diamonds to create the perfect glitzmas table.
- Champagne flute, £3.49
- Wine glass, £3.49
- Geometric bauble, £1.39
- Two-pack tealight holder, £2.29
- Four-pack placemats, £9.99
- Ten-pack crackers, £5.49
- Acrylic diamonds, £1.99
- 16-piece cutlery set, £19.99
- Dinner plate, £2.06
- Side plate, £2.06
- Deer, £5.99
- Star droplet, £1.39
- Four-pack highball glasses, £12
Matalan — Novelty Noel
MATALAN has a good range of affordable dinnerware options, though it proved slightly more limited than some of the others on accessories to dress the table.
For a novel but traditional table the kids will love, this could be the one. My favourite item is the cutlery holder.
- Tartan plate, £3
- Stoneware side plate, £2.50
- Wine glass, £4
- Coaster, £2
- Two-pack cutlery holders, £3
- 16-piece cutlery set, £15
- Three-bells rope decoration, £3
- Bauble, £2
- Tealight holder, £4
- "Cosy” sign, £3
- Cracker festive joke, £5.50
- Table runner, £10
IKEA — Scandi Style
SCANDI is what Ikea does best, so head there if you are looking for a minimalist, fresh look.
There is a great choice of unfussy but quality glassware, faux greenery and florals to dress the table. It’s affordable too.”
- 28cm plate £2.75
- 22cm plate £2.25
- 24-piece cutlery set, £40
- Place mat, £4
- Candle holder £15 (set of three)
- Lantern, £2.50
- Tablecloth, £12
- Christmas trees, £1.60 (set of three)
- Artificial pot plant, £1
- Hanging decoration, £2.80 (set of three)
- Artificial bouquet, £7.20
- Set of two cones, £6
- Wine glass, £2.50
H&M — Into the Woods
GO wild with H&M’s woodland-themed side plates, tablecloth and placemats.
Arrange dishes with wood and paper baubles, and the gold candelabra will set this table apart.
- Badger plate, £3.99
- Apple dish, £1.99
- Reindeer plate, £3.99
- Two-pack linen napkins, £8.99
- Placemat, £6.99
- Champagne glass, £6.99
- Plate, £9.99
- Large plate, £9.99
- Tablecloth, £17.99
- Four-pack wooden coasters, £8.99
- Three-pack cutlery, £8.99
- Candlestick, £19.99
- Two-pack decorations, £3.99
- Nine-pack green baubles
- Six-pack burgundy and white decorations, £8.99
CHEAP AND CHEERFULMum reveals how to cook a budget Christmas feast for eight on £30
EGGSCELLENTShoppers are raving about giant Kinder Eggs which cost £3 from Home Bargains
Super stuffingMary Berry's recipe for sage and onion stuffing - Christmas cooking tips/advice from the Bake Off star
Christmas cabbageMary Berry's recipe for red cabbage - Christmas cooking tips/advice from the Bake Off star
Piece of pieMary Berry's recipe for fruit mince pies - Christmas cooking tips/advice from the Bake Off star
CHILLED TO PERFECTIONMums uses vinyl tile stickers to transform her entire fridge freezer
Homesense — Joyous Jewels
HOMESENSE’S stock changes regularly and is ideal for decadent one-off pieces to put together a theme with rich, jewelled tones.
You will need some creative flair to create your own design rather than buy a full themed set of products – but it is worth it. The price point is mid-range but you get good-quality products.
- Gold candle, £3.99
- 12 crackers, £9.99
- Teal tumbler, £2.99
- Champagne flute, £3.99
- Four baubles, £4.99
- Cutlery, £16.99
- Small plate, £3.99
- Large plate, £6.99
- Table runner, £6.99
- Set of placemats, £8.99
- Blue wine glass,3.99