Emergency services were called to reports of a ‘blast’ on a street in Bury this morning. 

Police, paramedics and fire crews rushed to the scene on Wood Street just before 9.45am on Wednesday (December 2). 

On arrival, fire crews found the window of a terraced property had blown, with glass scattered over the street below. 

It was soon established the source of the blast was a blown portable gas heater. 

Two people found in the doorway of the property were passed over to the care of North West Ambulance Service paramedics. 

No one was injured as a result of the incident, a GMP spokesman confirmed. 

Crews worked to make the scene safe while also ensuring neighbouring properties were also secure. 

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: “At around 9.45am on Wednesday 2 October, GMFRS was called to reports of the sound of a blast on Wood Street in Bury.

“Crews from Bury and Ramsbottom stations attended the scene and found a window of a terraced property had blown, with glass on the street below. 

“Working quickly, firefighters assisted two people from the doorway of the property and colleagues from North West Ambulance Service assessed their wellbeing. 

“Crews soon established that the source of the incident was a blown portable gas heater. 

“Firefighters quickly made the scene safe and worked to establish that neighbouring properties were also secure. GMFRS left the scene after roughly 90 minutes.”

A spokesman for GMP added: “Officers were called just before 9.45am this morning (2 December 2020) to a report of a damaged window on Wood Street in Bury. 

“Emergency services attended and the road was closed as a precaution. 

“It is believed a gas canister had ignited accidentally and caused minor damage to a property. 

“No one was injured.”