Police have spoken to 47 people in relation to a mass brawl between Everton and Millwall fans before an FA Cup tie.
There were shocking scenes as supporters from both clubs clashed at Southwark Park near the Millwall ground before the cup game on January 26.
CCTV and mobile phone footage showed two rival groups of fans throwing kicks and punches at each other as police tried to intervene.
The Metropolitan Police had to deploy a specially trained territorial support group to deal with the scale of the disorder. During the fight an Everton FC fan was slashed across the face and scarred for life. Furniture was also thrown at police, injuring one officer.
After the fight the Metropolitan Police launched an investigation into the disorder, when Deputy Assistant Commissioner Matt Twist said the scenes were some of the most shocking in years.
The Met has launched a number of CCTV appeals to try and locate some of the offenders.
The ECHO can now reveal that the Met has spoken to 47 people in relation to the fight, and made 28 arrests, 11 of which were in the Liverpool area.
A spokesman for the force said: "A total of 47 people have been interviewed in relation to this investigation. Out of this number, 28 were arrested, and 19 voluntarily attended a police station."
"Out of those arrested, 17 were arrested in London and 11 in Liverpool and surrounding areas.
"On February 5, a 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent, attempted grievous bodily harm (GBH) and violent disorder.
"The arrest is in relation to a life-changing injury one male suffered to his face during the disorder. All those arrested have been released under investigation while inquiries continue."
Everton fan Jay Burns was slashed across the face during the disorder. He told the ECHO that his group were set upon as they made their way to the ground.
Speaking earlier this year Mr Burns said his group of fans 'were not looking for trouble' but were set upon by hooligans.
He said: "Well I don’t see how it could be an organised brawl, we got took [sic] to that road by the police escorting us to an entry, we had to fight to get out to get to the ground and unfortunately I got stabbed."
Mr Burns also questioned why anyone would take a knife to a football match.
Now the Met has released a fresh CCTV appeal of a group of men they would like to speak to in relation to the disorder. The men are believed to be Millwall fans. There was fighting before and after the game.
Detective Sergeant Matt Simpson, from the Met's Public Order Investigation team, said: “As part of this long and complex investigation we have trawled hundreds of hours of CCTV and taken dozens of witness statements.
"We have travelled across the country and worked with numerous partners in order to identify those involved. We will continue to work hard to bring those responsible to justice.
“So far we have made interviewed 47 in connection with this investigation. All those arrested have been released under investigation while we continue our inquiries.
“The public have undoubtedly helped us bring many wanted offenders to justice in the past, and we hope they can continue to assist us in this investigation by identifying those pictured."
In April it emerged that that some Everton fans had 'faked an illness' and 'threatened a coach driver' in order to go and fight Millwall fans.
A report from the Merseyside Police officer attached to Everton FC found one coach of fans “took part in the most serious football violence he had seen in 28 years of policing”.
Anyone with information about the scenes of disorder at Southwark Park on January 26 should call police on 101 quoting CAD 5117/26 January, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”