Caroline Flack went her separate ways with River Island.

The Love Island host, 40, has been charged with assault after an alleged row with her boyfriend Lewis Burton led to her arrest on Friday.

In the wake of the allegations, the presenter has stepped down from her telly duties on winter Love Island which will begin on January 8.

Caroline's six-figure advertising deal with Polaroid sunglasses was alleged to be put "on hold" after a "private domestic incident" unfolded, according to MailOnline .

Now it has been revealed the TV host will not be working with River Island in the upcoming months.

The personality had closely worked alongside the fashion brand for her own line of clothing.

Her last collection hit the shelves in May last year, just before she made a return to Love Island for the summer series in June.

River Island have cleared up the recent allegations against Caroline have not affected their previous working relationship.

They said in a statement The Sun : "River Island confirms it did not have any deals in place for 2020 with Caroline Flack.

"Previous contracts with Caroline Flack came to contractual end and have not been affected at all by recent events."

Caroline will stand down as the host of Love Island following her assault charge.

The presenter, who was due to present the sixth series of the ITV2 show in January, said she is "absolutely devastated" by the decision.

She wrote in a statement: "Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly.

"In order not to detract from the attention of the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down for Series 6."

She continued: "I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town."

ITV sources claimed the door is always open to the star and maintain it was her decision to quit the show.

Caroline continued: "And on a really personal level. I have never experienced such kindness and love in my whole life.

"Not just from friends and family who are always the greatest... but also from total strangers who send me messages to me offering help and understanding... please know that I see them."

She then finished the post with a tribute to her partner, Lewis Burton: "And my boyfriend Lewis... I love you x."

In a statement, ITV said: "ITV has a long standing relationship with Caroline and we understand and accept her decision.

"We will remain in contact with her over the coming months about future series of Love Island."

It comes after Caroline was arrested at her London home on Thursday 12 December accused of attacking her boyfriend Lewis.

Read More

Showbiz editor's picks

Officers arrested the TV presenter and later charged her with assault by beating.

Flack is bailed to appear before Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on December 23.

There had been fears the controversy would leave Caroline unable to host the first ever winter series of Love Island which starts two weeks later on January 8.