Prince Andrew has been pictured leaving Buckingham Palace looking shell-shocked after a 'crisis summit'.
The Duke of York, wearing a suit and tie, was seen driving away from the palace this evening with a serious expression on his face.
When he left his family home to head to the palace earlier today, he had smiled and waved from behind the wheel of his car.
It was the first time he had appeared in public since announcing he would be stepping away from royal duties last night.
His ex-wife Sarah Ferguson also dashed to the palace this afternoon, seeming to be in good spirits as she chatted to a Metropolitan Police officer.
Footage showed her in the back of a car after being driven to the palace, where attended a 'crisis summit' with the Duke, according to the Daily Mail.
This comes shortly after the Mirror revealed Prince Andrew has cancelled an upcoming trip to Bahrain.
The Duke had planned to fly to Bahrain at the weekend for a [email protected] charity event despite the continued crisis, it is understood.
Andrew quit his life as a working royal on Wednesday evening over his association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Asked if the Duke of York was right to step back from public life, Prime Minister Boris Johnson told reporters on a visit to Bedfordshire: "All I can say is that it is very important that all the victims of Jeffrey Epstein get justice and the law must be done and must be seen to be done."
Pressure had been mounting on the duke in the wake of his so-called 'car crash' Newsnight interview, with a growing number of multimillion-pound businesses, universities and charities distancing themselves from him and [email protected]
He faced criticism for showing a lack of empathy towards Epstein's victims and a lack of remorse over his friendship with the financier, who took his own life while in prison earlier this year awaiting trial on sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.
In the interview, the duke denied claims that he slept with Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein's victims, on three separate occasions, twice while she was a teen.
It is thought the duke will not have any involvement with the dozens of charities, organisations and military units he is associated with.
The duke is to continue working on his flagship project [email protected] but will do so privately without the support of Buckingham Palace, it emerged earlier today.
A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman told the PA news agency on Thursday: "He will continue to work on Pitch but will look at how to do that outside and entirely separate from the palace."