A YOUNG boy was in hospital after being bitten by a poisonous snake on a picnic.
Lewis Wise, three, was hunting for his toys when the adder attacked.
He was given morphine at the hospital but his left leg was so swollen that he was unable to walk.
Lewis, of Addlestone, Surrey, was out with his family on Sunday at Lightwater Country Park.
Dad Daniel, 39, said: “He has been really brave but the swelling is so big, he can’t move at the moment.”
He said: “We think he may have trod on it by accident and it latched onto his leg. It was instant and then he was in excruciating pain.
MADDIE BETRAYALMaddie's parents' heartache as German cops prepare to drop investigation
ALIAS EXPOSEDGhislaine Maxwell 'posed as journalist to buy retreat' & cries as bail denied
SUNSHINE AFTER THE RAINUK set for 29C heatwave but must endure week of rain before sun
FACE FACTSThe 6 times you can refuse to wear a face mask and NOT face fines
MISSING BABYGirl, 1, found after frantic four-day search in London
SYMPTOM CHECKERSkin rashes 'ARE a sign of Covid and NHS must add them to official list'
“We were trying to keep his heart rate low. You have to keep your children calm because the faster your heart pumps, the quicker the venom goes around your body.
“We took him to St Peter’s Hospital.
It is not known how long Lewis will have to remain in hospital.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]