Russia's special envoy in charge of negotiations on reviving Iran's 2015 nuclear deal said Friday that negotiations had resumed in a "serious" atmosphere. . Soar forward.
Indirect talks between Tehran and Washington resumed in Vienna on Thursday, with talks between the Islamic Republic's chief nuclear negotiator Ali Bagheri Khani and the European Union's coordinator Enrique Mora. It was conducted.
Reuters reported in June that Tehran had dropped a major roadblock, citing one Iranian and one European official. It is a demand to remove the Revolutionary Guard from the US sanctions list.
A senior Iranian official suggested the issue may no longer be an issue, telling Reuters on Thursday:
After meeting with Bagheri Kani on Friday, Russian envoy Mikhail Ulyanov told Iran's state-run news agency IRNA, "It may not be so easy to reach the finish line, Time will tell if it will be successful.
"But overall, the atmosphere in the talks is serious."
White House National Security Press Secretary John Kirby said. On Thursday, he said negotiations were "almost complete at this point."
Foreign Minister Hossein Amiravdrahian, who tweeted that ``we should act on the IRNA said that "adhering to the country's 'red line' and maintaining (our country's) homegrown nuclear capabilities and technology is of grave interest to Iran's economic interests in this transaction," he said. IRNA reports. Hina lifted sanctions against Tehran in exchange for curbs on Iran's enrichment activities feared by the US, UK, France, Germany, Russia and the West.
In 2018, then-President Donald Trump It scrapped the deal and reimposed harsh sanctions. In response, Tehran violated the agreement in several ways, including rebuilding its enriched uranium stocks.
Mora oscillates between Bagheri Kani and US envoy to Iran Rob Murray as Iran refuses to negotiate directly with its longtime nemesis the US.
Negotiations in Vienna broke down primarily over Tehran's demand that Washington remove the Revolutionary Guard from the list of US Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO). The United States denies this.
A European official said on Thursday that "it was agreed that [the removal of the Guardsmen from the FTO list] would be discussed in the future once the US and Iran are able to hold direct talks." said.
Tehran also called on the International Atomic Energy Agency to drop allegations of Iran's nuclear activities, citing last year's failure to fully explain traces of uranium in undeclared locations. Disputed the report of the United Nations monitoring body. It submitted a compromise in July and asked the parties to accept it to avoid a "dangerous nuclear crisis".Two Iranian officials said Tehran was "not satisfied" with the text of the draft.