This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

The girl who chewed up the restraint was held in the bodies of her mother and brother

A 12-year-old girl was confined to a trailer house for a week and was found to be corrupt. Authorities say the dismembered bodies of the mother and brotherprovided important information that led to the arrest of this woman's live-in boyfriend. said Thursday.

The girl who chewed through the restraints and fled the residence while the man was away was "a hero for surviving the incident and for providing us with the information to prosecute him." said Tallapoosa. County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett.

The child, who was found on a country road by a passerby after he fled on Monday, is now safe in the custody of state child welfare officials. Authorities say her braces were damaged from bites, and marks on her wrists indicated she had been bound.

Girl was assaulted, given alcohol to keep him in a coma, and escaped by chewing on a string that was being held down to his bed, officials said in court.

José Paulino Pascual-Reyes, 37, was charged with kidnapping and multiple murders, authorities said of the girl's 29-year-old mother and son (court records show she was older than her). young) was murdered.

Jose Paulino Pascual-Reyes Tallapoosa County Jail

``They It was a boyfriend and a girlfriend," Abette said of Pascual Reyes and the girl's mother. "They actually lived there together." Abbett pointed out that he claimed to have been taken hostage against his will, not that he was physically kidnapped from another location and taken home.

Authorities say the girl was captured around the time her mother and brother were murdered on July 24, and police dismembered her in a mobile home after the child escaped on Monday morning. Abett declined to comment on whether he knew the fate of his mother and brother when the girl was still a hostage, but mutilated bodies were found inside the house.

Pascual-Reyes was arrested Monday night while working at a construction site in Auburn, more than 20 miles from his mobile home. He is unrestrained and restrained.

Defense attorney Mark Carlton immediately commented, stating that he and another attorney had just been appointed to represent Pascual Reyes, and had not yet had the opportunity to meet with him.

Reyes, who is from Mexico, was staying illegally after being deported and returning home without proper paperwork, Abbett said. It's unclear when he last entered the U.S., but the group has been living in a mobile home since February, according to the sheriff. They entered the United States from Mexico in 2017 and remained in the United States after applying for asylum, but their claims had yet to be determined by immigration officials, sheriffs said.

A few others lived near the mobile home, others in the residence, but someone else knew about the killing, or that the girl was killed against her will. There were no indications that he had been detained, Abbett said.

Thank you for reading CBS NEWS.

Create a free account or log in to
for more features.