A devoted wife died from cancer after breathing in asbestos from washing her husband's clothes when he came home from work as an electrician, her family has claimed.
Nelan Jones, 78, is believed to have contracted a deadly illness after breathing in the asbestos from the work clothes of her husband Bob.
Now her family are appealing for help from his former work colleagues when Bob worked putting in electrical cables at a power station.
The family believe her death from mesothelioma is linked to his work at the power station - and are seeking 'justice for their mother'.
Nelan, who died in November 2019, washed the work clothes of Bob who worked at Wylfa Power Station in North Wales during its construction between 1964 and 1970.
Appeal for help: Nelan Jones, 78, is believed to have contracted a deadly illness after breathing in the asbestos from the work clothes of her electrician husband Bob (pictured together)
Bob, of Llanfaelog, died in 2015 at the age of 86 - his death was not related to asbestos exposure.
The couple had three children together - Noel, Arwel and Rhian - who are now appealing for anyone who worked at Wylfa Power Station during its construction to come forward.
The family said: 'Our mother suffered terribly following her diagnosis with mesothelioma.
'We are appealing for anyone to come forward who might be able to help us get justice for our mother who sadly passed away as a result of this awful cancer.
'Any help at all would be greatly appreciated by our family.'
The family are represented by specialist asbestos disease solicitor Lauren Bull of legal firm Hugh James.
Pictured: Nelan, who died in November 2019, washed the work clothes of Bob who worked at Wylfa Power Station in North Wales during its construction between 1964 and 1970
She said: 'We know that Mrs Jones came into contact with asbestos via her late husband's work whilst he worked at Wylfa Power Station during its construction between 1964 and 1970.
'We were able to take evidence from a former colleague of Mr Jones who has now also sadly passed away from mesothelioma.
'He confirmed that Mr Jones came into contact with asbestos whilst working for Johnson & Phillips Ltd and Enfield Standard Power Cables as an electrician/cable layer and brought it home on his work clothes.'
A solicitor for Hugh James says that a claim against the successor owner of the Wylfa Power Station site, Magnox Ltd, has been intimated.
A spokesperson for Magnox Ltd said: 'Mesothelioma is a recognised industrial disease that is linked with exposure to asbestos.
Bob worked at Wylfa Power Station (pictured) during its construction between 1964 and 1970
'In the past asbestos was widely used in all kinds of industries, including in power stations, and there are arrangements in place to make sure legitimate claims are reviewed and dealt with appropriately.
'We acted on this claim when it was initially received. Our insurance representatives provided advice to the family and their solicitor as to whom they should approach to take their claim forward.
'In the circumstances it is not appropriate for us to make further public comment on the claim.'