A teenager today denied murdering a schoolboy as he returned home from the shops.
Kayjon Lubin, 15, was stabbed through the chest and died in North Woolwich, east London.
A 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded not guilty to murder at the Old Bailey.
Another 17-year-old denied violent disorder and having a knife.
Kayjon Lubin, 15, was stabbed through the chest and died in North Woolwich, east London
Friend Khalif-Shakeil Edwards changed his profile photo on Facebook to a photo of the youngster with the message: 'Rest in peace my little G.' He also wrote: 'May you rest in peace my little bro. June 2005 - Dec2020'
Kayjon was set upon as he left a Nisa shop on Pier Parade just after 6.30pm on December 11 last year.
The Mayor of Newham, Rokhsana Fiaz said: 'My condolences to his parents for the loss of their son.'
Police and members of the London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found him suffering injuries.
Despite the efforts of the paramedics to save his life, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Friends paid tribute to the youngster and described him as a 'good kid' who was close to his mother.
Friend Khalif-Shakeil Edwards changed his profile photo on Facebook to a photo of the youngster with the message: 'Rest in peace my little G.'
He also wrote: 'May you rest in peace my little bro. June 2005 - Dec2020.'
A close family friend told The Sun: 'I know the family very well, they are a big part of the community around here. He was a big part of the community and lots of people knew him. He was just a young boy and had his whole life ahead of them.
'He was a good kid, and loved his mum, they were very close. She's absolutely heartbroken, and I'm going to go and try and see her in person later.'
Officers were called just before 7pm on December 11 following reports of the stabbing in Woodman Street (pictured), Newham, East London
Police and members of the London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found Kayjon suffering injuries
Lawrence Adu, a neighbour and friend of Kayjon's uncle, added: 'He's a nice young man, very handsome and always laughing.'
Friends raised £2,000 for Kayjon's funeral.
The two 17-year-olds, from east London, charged in connection with Kayjon's death appeared from HM Cookham Wood and confirmed their names, and entered pleas.
Both deny violent disorder and possession of a knife, while only one is charged with and denies murder.
The trial is set for November 29 this year but the location is yet to be fixed.
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Wrigley, from the Met's Specialist Crime Command, said at the time: 'The senseless killing of a 15-year-old has understandably shocked the community and I would urge them to help us bring those responsible to justice.'