Shocking footage shows the moment two-year-old triplets were pinned underneath a chest of drawers in their bedroom.
Toddlers Riley, Spencer and Haven White, from Illinois, climbed on top of the heavy wooden cabinet, which had a changing table on top, after getting out of bed during nap time last Sunday.
But the weight of their bodies pulled the drawers forward, causing the cabinet to topple and fall on two of the triplets.
Baby monitor footage shows Spencer and his sister Haven struggling under the weight of the furniture before pulling themselves free.
Toddlers Riley, Spencer and Haven White, from Illinois, climbed on top of the heavy wooden cabinet after clambering out of bed during nap time last Sunday. But the weight of their bodies pulled the drawers forward, causing it to topple and pin two of the triplets underneath (pictured). The third triplet, Riley, is seen looking on at his siblings under the cabinet
Mother Roxanne, 38, a nurse practitioner, came into the room moments later to find the chaotic scene but only discovered what had happened when she and husband Hank, also 38, replayed the monitor footage. Pictured, the family together
The cabinet, pictured, has drawers and a changing table on top. It was not attached to the wall at the time of the accident but has since been fixed in place to prevent a repeat
Mother Roxanne, 38, a nurse practitioner, came into the room moments later to find the chaotic scene but only discovered what had happened when she and husband Hank, also 38, replayed the monitor footage.
She said: 'The triplets were supposed to be napping when I heard Spencer scream.
'I wasn't worried at first as I hadn't heard a loud bang and the scream sounded like a playful cry, almost as though one of the other triplets had taken his toy.
'I couldn't believe it when I went in and spotted the cabinet was on the floor. I was instantly relieved when I saw them all standing up as I knew they were alright even though they were upset.
Baby monitor footage shows two of the twins, Haven and Spencer, climbing on the drawers of the cabinet after getting out of bed during nap-time. Spencer is seen standing nearby
Two of the triplets made it to the top of the cabinet, pictured, before it came tumbling down
The weight caused the cabinet to topple and it fell to the floor in dramatic fashion
For e brief moment, two of the triplets were left pinned underneath the heavy furniture
'I have no idea why we didn't anchor the cabinet to the wall as we have done with the rest of our furniture but I guess as it's short and long we assumed it wouldn't fall over.
'I was in shock when I watched the baby monitor footage back, we are so lucky that none of the triplets were seriously injured.
'This type of accident in the home could have been fatal which is why I felt compelled to share it online.'
Roxanne said she felt an extreme amount of 'mum guilt' following the accident in their home last Sunday.
She said: 'The monitor normally picks up sounds so I know when the mischievous triplets are out of their beds and not napping.
Spencer (left) and Haven (under the changing table) struggled to free themselves
Haven was able to lift the changing table off her head while Spencer's leg remained stuck
Mother Roxanne came into the room moments later to find the chaotic scene, pictured
'But I think one of them must've turned it down by accident as I didn't hear the cabinet crash to the ground.
'It took less than two minutes for me to get into their bedroom after Spencer screamed, by which point he had managed to free himself.'
The video shows Riley pulling out the large drawers as Spencer climbs on top of the cabinet - which has a baby changing unit on top.
Haven then begins climbing up the open drawers as the furniture then topples over on top of her and Spencer.
Roxanne spoke out to warn parents about the dangers of unfixed furniture in bedrooms
Roxanne said her children were fortunate to escape with small bruises. Pictured, Spencer
The mother-of-three was relieved to see her children standing up when she entered the room
Roxanne said: 'Spencer is the one who has his right leg trapped underneath the cabinet. Haven is able to get herself free fairly easy by lifting the changing table off of her head.
'Riley and Haven then climb back into bed as their brother lays trapped.
'I'm surprised Haven got involved in this behaviour as she's normally the mum of the three.'
Roxanne said this type of accident hasn't happened before.
Roxanne, pictured in hospital with her triplets, said this sort of accident has never happened before
Haven (left), Spencer (center) and Riley, decided to climb out of their beds during nap-time
She said: 'They get up to all sorts but this has been their only near fatal accident. It's scary to think that they could have been so severely injured.
'We took the cabinet out of their room the second the accident happened and two days ago it was anchored to the wall to prevent this from happening again.
'The post online has been shared thousands of times which is great as it's important to raise awareness to prevent it from happening to anyone else.'
Mother-of-three Roxanne, pictured with the triplets as babies, issued a warning to others