Gladys Berejiklian will decide on the weekend whether to end Covid-19 restrictions imposed in NSW last week.
Overnight 23,000 people got tested for the virus as NSW Health works to find the missing link who infected a Sydney man last week, prompting the reintroduction of some restrictions.
'I'm very comfortable about how things are going but obviously we will monitor how things are going in other states,' the premier said on Wednesday.
Gladys Berejiklian will decide on the weekend whether to end Covid-19 restrictions imposed in NSW last week
She says she can't predict what advice health authorities will give her before deciding if precautions like mask-wearing on public transport and a 20 person limit on visitors to homes are still necessary.
'But obviously every day that goes by with zero cases means that the health experts were more confident to let us go back to what we had last Thursday,' she said on Wednesday.
'What we always know is when clusters emerge. What we don't know is how many clusters we prevented,' she said.
Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, the Illawarra and the Blue Mountains had some restrictions imposed on Thursday that are scheduled to last until the end of the weekend.
'We're pretty much having life as normal but for a few tweaks,' she said.
About 75,000 people in NSW have registered to get vaccinated since Sydney's purpose-built Covid-19 vaccination hub opened for business on Monday.
The new facility Sydney Olympic Park administered about 2500 jabs to frontline workers and their family members on its first day.
The thousands who have registered to get the jab as soon as possible has boosted confidence the stalled vaccine rollout will be expedited.
She says she can't predict what advice health authorities will give her before deciding if precautions like mask-wearing on public transport and a 20 person limit on visitors to homes are still necessary
'There's opportunities for us to move as quickly as we can,' Ms Berejiklian said.
'I'm really keen to see that happen,' she said.
NSW Health remains on high alert after a Victorian man tested positive after a two-week hotel quarantine stint in South Australia.
The man was active in the Greater Melbourne area for several days.
Anyone in NSW who has been in the Melbourne area since May 6 must complete a declaration form, available on the Service NSW website, confirming they have not attended a venue of concern, NSW Health says.
If they have attended any of the venues identified at the times listed, they must contact NSW Health immediately.