United Kingdom

Five Sydney restaurants linked to COVID-19 after two Victorians dined out while infectious

Five Sydney restaurants have been linked to COVID-19 after two Victorians dined out while infected.  

The two infected Victorians separately attended venues including Kurnell's Cook and Caringbah's Highfield on July 5 for lunch and dinner respectively, along with the Merimbula RSL for dinner on July 6.

NSW Health confirmed they also attended the Waterfront Café at Merimbula for breakfast on July 7, and the Murray Downs Golf Club on July 4 and 5.   

It is urging anybody who attended these venues at the same time to monitor for respiratory symptoms or fever. 

The COVID-19 cases from Victoria attended Kurnell's Cook for lunch on July 5

The COVID-19 Victorian cases also attended Caringbah's Highfield on July 5 for dinner

If present, NSW Health advises Australians to get themselves tested and isolate immediately.

'People who work in high-risk settings such as health care facilities or aged care homes must not to attend work if they have symptoms and must get tested immediately,' NSW Health said.

'People should also not visit relatives in these settings if they have even the mildest of symptoms or have recently returned from Victoria.'

The COVID-19 cases attended five venues across NSW, including Kurnell's Cook, Caringbah's Highfield, the Merimbula RSL, Waterfront Café at Merimbula and the Murray Downs Golf Club

The Star casino in Sydney also confirmed a gambler tested positive for COVID-19 in a statement to ASX on Monday.

The Star noted a COVID-19 positive patron had been on the premise from about 7.30pm to 10.30pm on July 4.

'The Star is working closely with NSW Health to respond to this information, including the conduct of contact tracing which includes staff members,' the company said. 

The call for diners to get themselves tested comes as 14 new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday - bringing the state's case total to 3303. 

The COVID-19 cases from Victoria went to the Waterfront Café at Merimbula for breakfast on July 7 as well

The Victorian COVID-19 cases went to the Murray Downs Golf Club on July 4 and 5 too

Of the amount, four are returned travelers in hotel quarantine, with being two NSW residents who acquired the infection in Victoria. 

The cases have no identified close contact in NSW, NSW Health said. 

Eight cases counted on Monday have been linked to another NSW venue - the Crossroads Hotel in Casula.

Where the COVID-19 positive cases went

- Cook Kurnell on July 5 for lunch

- Highfield at Caringbah on July 5 for dinner 

- Merimbula RSL on July 6 for dinner

- Waterfront Café at Merimbula for breakfast on July 7

- Murray Downs Golf Club on July 4 and 5

- Crossroads Hotel at Casula on July 3

- Planet Fitness at Casula 

- Picton Hotel on July 4, 9 and 10

- The Star in Sydney on July 4 

Three are contacts of cases at the hotel on July 3.

These cases include a teen staffer, a female diner aged in her 40s, a male diner aged in his 40s, a Victorian man aged in his 20s and a Sydney man aged in his 20s. 

None of these cases appear likely to have been the source of infection at the hotel, which remains closed, NSW Health said. 

It is believed one of the COVID-19 cases linked to the Crossroads Hotel went to the gym at Casula as well.

Planet Fitness has been closed for cleaning and anybody experiencing respiratory symptoms or fever is being urged to isolate and get tested.

An ninth venue, the Picton Hotel, has also been linked to COVID-19 after a case attended on July 4, 9 and 10 in the gaming room. It has since been closed for cleaning.

'NSW Health can confirm a number of ADF personnel who attended the Crossroads Hotel are isolating. None of these people have tested positive,' NSW Health said.  

A total of 1,050,171 people have so far been tested for COVID-19 in NSW, with 10,786 notified in the past 24 hours.

Fifty-one people have died from the disease across the state, and 85 COVID-19 cases are being treated by NSW Health, with one in intensive care. 

NSW Health confirmed 2799 people have recovered from COVID-19 in NSW. 

Football news:

Borussia announced that Sancho is staying. He extended his contract until 2023 a year ago
Inter is ready to pay 20+5 million euros for Smalling
Lewandowski is the best player of the week in the Champions League. He was ahead of Messi and Ronaldo
The Leipzig – Atletico match will not be rescheduled, despite the coronavirus in the Madrid players
Yannick Ferreira Carrasco: Atletico deserved to win the Champions League after two defeats in the finals
Sancho flew with Borussia to the training camp. He will probably not move to Manchester United
Bayern have unveiled their Champions League uniforms