United Kingdom

COVID-19 conspiracy theorists prepare to protest around Australia THIS WEEKEND 

Coronavirus conspiracy theorists are preparing to protest at capital cities around Australia this weekend, sparking fears of further outbreaks. 

Anti-maskers are planning a 'Stand for Victoria freedom march' at local Anzac memorial sites on Saturday across the country, except for Melbourne which is in strict Stage Four lockdown.  

The rally, set to take place at midday, was organised in a Facebook group with more than 33,000 members. 

One of the members called on the group to 'get together for every single Victorian' in a rambling video posted earlier this week.

Anti-maskers are planning a 'stand for Victoria' freedom march (pictured, an anti-mask protester shouts at police in Melbourne on July 3)

One conspiracy theorist posted a photo of the Australian Red Ensign flag with the caption 'Australia, let us stand for Victoria at this time when Victoria cannot'

Members have shared a number of posts (pictured) encouraging people from their own cities to attend the coordinated rallies

The conspiracy theorist also encouraged Australians to stand outside their homes and 'burn your mask, breathe and declare your national sovereignty'. 

Members have shared a number of posts encouraging people from their own cities to attend the coordinated rallies.

One conspiracy theorist posted a photo of the Australian Red Ensign flag with the caption 'Australia, let us stand for Victoria at this time when Victoria cannot'.

Another read: 'Saturday we march we stand up for Melbourne. This is our voice.

The Australian Department of Health prohibits large public gatherings due to the risk of spreading COVID-19, particularly amid a second outbreak in Sydney's southwest. 

The NSW Police Force said it is aware of a protest scheduled for Saturday in Sydney's CBD.

Police said no paperwork has been submitted to hold a protest, and warned attendees they would not have authorisation due to public health and safety risks.  

South Australia Police confirmed they were aware of plans to protest outside the Adelaide cenotaph this weekend.  

'Sufficient police resources will be provided to ensure a peaceful protest is held, to minimise traffic disruptions and that the safety of all members of the community is maintained,' a spokesperson said.

'We strongly encourage people to practise physical distancing of 1.5 metres wherever and whenever possible.'

The planned demonstrations come just five days after a handful of people turned up to a 'freedom rally' in Melbourne.

Members of a group calling themselves the United Kingdom of Australia hold a dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance in protest to lockdown conditions on July 31 in Melbourne

South Australia Police confirmed they were aware of plans to protest outside the Adelaide cenotaph this weekend (pictured, one of the posts encouraging the protests)

The NSW Police Force said it is aware of a protest scheduled for Saturday in Sydney's CBD (pictured, a man leaves after being questioned by police during an anti-lockdown protest in Melbourne on August 9)

Up to 400 people were expected to kick off the illegal protest on the steps of Parliament on Sunday, but most of the people who vowed to protest never showed up.

No more than 30 people arrived and of those, seven were arrested.

Six people were arrested because they refused to provide their personal details to police, but were later released with a $1,652 fine after they complied.

Earlier this month Victoria's Chief Commissioner Shane Patton said there had been an 'emergence of concerning groups of people who classify themselves as 'sovereign citizens'.

'On at least four occasions in the last week we've had to smash the windows of cars and pull people out to provide details,' he said.

Football news:

Barcelona's Interest in Isak Increased after Koeman's appointment. Larsson has a high opinion of the player (Mundo Seportivo)
Manuel Pellegrini: When you play against Real Madrid and var, it's too much
PSV and Porto are Interested in Barcelona midfielder PUC. He doesn't want to leave the club
Puyol about Barcelona: If we want to win the championship, we need to perform very well
Schalke sacked Wagner. The team has not won the Bundesliga since January
Iacini on 3:4 with Inter: Even a draw would be an unfair result, given how many chances Fiorentina created
Ramos Pro 3:2 with Betis: the Referee tried his best and didn't do anything intentionally