HORRIFIED shoppers claim they found a deadly spider that can kill in two hours in bananas from Tesco.
Two people came home with eggs and a "deadly" spider in their bunches from the same Kidderminster store.
Experts have struggled to make up their minds on what the spider could be - with one saying it is a dangerous Brazilian wandering spider, and another saying it isn't harmful.
The wandering spider is thought to be the world's most dangerous, with a poison that can kill its victim in two hours.
It has been known to hide and lay eggs in banana plants in native South America.
The Mirror reports Dad-of-two Geoff, 40, said: “We noticed it while unpacking in the kitchen. It looked like it had been squished when we packed the bags.
“I contacted Tesco straight away and got on social media to warn others, just in case.
“I’m very glad it was dead by the time we became aware of it – but the entire episode has put the kids off bananas.”
A pest control expert said he thought it could be a young wandering spider, due to the distinctive stripes on the legs.
And Keeley Ballard noticed egg sacs on her fruit, before throwing them away.
She said: "I couldn’t bear to keep them in the house, I poured boiling water on them and threw them out.
DEATH RIDDLEMum-of-four, 37, who left husband for homeless man is found dead
MANDELA HEARTACHNelson Mandela’s daughter Zindzi dies seven years after hero dad’s death
LOCAL LOCKDOWN SPIKEHancock reveals over 100 virus local lockdowns being enforced per WEEK
HOUSE WOWEDThree-bed semi with garden goes on sale - but you'll never guess how much for?
ROOFTOP RUMBLEMoment mass brawl erupts in rooftop bar as revellers hurl tables and chairs
MANICURE MONDAYNail bars & tanning studios - all the places reopening TODAY
"I can’t fault Tesco though. This is the only problem I’ve ever had the whole time I’ve been using their stores.”
A Tesco spokesperson said, “We were sorry to hear about this and are investigating with our supplier.
"There are strict controls in place to ensure that all our bananas are washed and inspected prior to packing so we are looking into what happened."