A woman claims she was hospitalised after a suspected drink spiking incident.

Georgia Latham said she was "unable to feel her legs" after having one drink in Cardiff's Pryzm nightclub, Greyfriars Road, on Friday night, and claims she was told my medical staff she had likely been spiked with Rohypnol.

The third-year Cardiff University student said she was told that other people had also been admitted to the emergency department at the University Hospital of Wales after suspected spiking incidents on the same evening.

South Wales Police said they have received a "small number of reports" from people who believe they may be victims of spiking and these incidents are under investigation.

Read more:Nightclub boycott planned across Wales to protest drink spiking 'epidemic' and call for increased safety measures

Georgia said she was working as a hostess, guiding stag parties around Cardiff clubs on Friday, October 22, when the incident happened. It was at the end of her shift, which finished with a visit to Pryzm, where she believes she was spiked.

"I'm there quite often, and because I'm working I stay sober," she said.

She recalled each member of the stag party, as well as other customers, being searched on entry as per Pryzm's 100% customer search policy.

At 11pm Georgia said her shift ended and she stayed for one drink at the club.

"The girl I was working with suggested we go out to Live Lounge, but the stag encouraged us to stay for one drink," Georgia said.

"So we said okay, went up and got ourselves a drink. It was my first drink of the night.

"This is when things start to go a bit fuzzy. I remember dancing and the dancefloor was quite busy, so I might have put my drink down, but I wouldn't have left it and gone back to it."

By 11.30pm Georgia and her friend decided to head over to Live Lounge, on The Friary, a short distance away. However, by the time they arrived Georgia said her condition had begun to deteriorate.

Georgia Latham believes she was spiked in Pryzm Cardiff on Friday October 22

Georgia explained most of the information from here has been filled in by her friends since the incident.

"I remember we went to the toilet when we first got there, and I said to her I think I need some water and fresh air, and I don't feel right," she said.

"I'd only had one drink, the one at Pryzm, so I knew I wasn't drunk."

Georgia managed to explain to the bouncer that she thought something had been slipped in her drink, and was escorted to a security room with a female member of security.

"Then that's when I started to lose feeling in my legs," she said.

"I sat there and I was with it in terms of I could process and hear what people were saying, but I couldn't respond, so I was just crying because I couldn't get my words out or say how I was feeling."

Thankfully, Georgia's manager, Nisha, is also a friend who lives with a medic, so the Live Lounge staff transported her to her home to be looked after.

"I've been in her house before, but apparently I was just saying like 'where am I', and 'I can't feel my legs'," Georgia said.

Nisha's housemate checked Georgia over, and after calling 111, it was advised Georgia visit accident and emergency.

"I don't remember getting to hospital," Georgia said.

"The only thing I remember when arriving, which stays with me, is Nisha said to the person at the door 'This is spiking', and we didn't even say where, and one of the actual people at the hospital said 'Was it Pryzm?'.

"They knew, they knew to the place before we said, and they said yeah you're not our first tonight."

Georgia was kept in for several hours where she was monitored and given anti-sickness tablets. However, Georgia explained they wouldn't run a toxicology, though she is unsure of the reason why.

They did suggest, however, with the symptoms she presented with, she was most likely spiked with Rohypnol.

Georgia eventually left the hospital in the early hours of the morning, about 4am, wanting to go somewhere more comfortable. At about 5am, she recalled being violently sick, before eventually getting to sleep at about 7am.

You can read a shocking account of a woman spiked in Swansea here.

"Today I woke up and I felt really sad because I think yesterday, I still had things in my system. I didn't even actually process what had happened. It felt like my brain was on a lag to process things.

"I had an incident, a couple of weeks ago, outside the clubs where I got like touched up. That was the first time that I had an issue in Cardiff that I'd felt really unsafe and the control has been taken away from me.

"I was like 'this is horrible, but it's a one-off thing for this to happen'. So it's really horrible to say that a city that I normally have no issues with and now I don't want to go out."

Georgia, as well as another witness in the hospital waiting room at the time, claimed she witnessed medical staff treating several people at the hospital on Friday for suspected spiking.

A spokesperson for Pryzm said: "Everyone should feel safe on a night out, and they should feel safe in our club. We are the most regulated part of the hospitality sector; we work hard to create a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment so that all our customers can enjoy a fun night out and will do everything we can to protect this right.

“While these incidents are incredibly rare, we take all reports of drink spiking very seriously. Our teams are fully trained on the issue and have the support of our onsite medic, we operate our ‘We Care’ policy and support the ‘Ask Angela’ scheme. We plan to offer free anti-spiking bottle stoppers, protective drink covers and drug testing kits when they become available and already operate 100% searches on entry, which also includes metal detector arches. We have extensive CCTV coverage throughout the venue that we will pass on to the police to help with any investigation. Anyone who is suspected of spiking will be detained and handed over to the police.

“We would encourage anyone who sees suspicious behaviour, or suspects they have been a victim of spiking, to seek immediate assistance from a member of staff or security, who are trained to help and who also have the support of our onsite medic. We would also encourage them to contact police and seek medical advice, so that any allegation can be properly investigated.”

Sign up to the CardiffOnline newsletter to receive our top stories straight to your inbox.

It takes just seconds to sign up - simply click here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.

A spokesperson for South Wales Police said: "South Wales Police is aware of public concern around reports of spiking in towns and cities around the UK. Spiking is when alcohol or drugs are put into someone's drink without their knowledge or permission. There is also some concern at the possibility that people are being ‘spiked’ by needles or syringes containing drugs.

"We have received a small number of reports from people who believe this might have happened to them and these are currently under investigation.

"Our officers are working with licensed premises to alert them to spiking methods and asking them to be extra vigilant at this time.

"We take all reports seriously and encourage anyone who believes they have been a victim of spiking in any form to contact us.

"South Wales Police has an excellent history of partnership working and we provide training to staff at city centre licensed premises to help them identify and safeguard vulnerable people and we regularly see examples of where this training has paid off."

Anyone with any concerns about this issue is urged to contact South Wales Police on 101, via email on [email protected], or through their social media channels.

Cardiff and Vale health board were asked about whather anybody received any treatment for spiking at the University Hospital of Wales on Friday October 22 and said they could not comment on individual cases.

Sign up to our WalesOnline newsletters here