A suspected chemical hazard incident at a school has sparked an emergency response with two people injured.
Emergency crews were called to the incident on Old Hall Road at around 1.45pm today.
The incident was a 'chemical hazard' at a school, police have confirmed.
Two people were taken to Wythenshawe Hospital from the scene, reports the Manchester Evening News.
It has not yet been confirmed how serious their injuries are.
In a statement, a GMP spokesperson said: "At around 1.45pm today (Thursday 3 December 2020) police were called by the ambulance service to reports of a chemical hazard at a school on Old Hall Road in Sale.
"Emergency services attended."
A North West Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We attended at the scene.
"We have taken two patients to Wythenshawe Hospital."
The M.E.N has also contacted Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service for a comment.
We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
Please check back regularly for updates on this developing story here at Mirror.co.uk.
For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/news.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
We're also on Facebook /dailymirror - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Mirror Online.