TUI have cancelled dozens more holidays as uncertainty around summer holidays grows.

TUI has decided to put breaks on trips to some of major tourist hotspots until the middle of July.

The majority of Europe and other popular holiday locations are on the amber list, with the government currently advising against holidays in amber list destinations - reports Mirror Online.

Read more: Paddy McGuinness is missing sunbathing with tanned wife Christine

The holiday giant shared the news in an update to customers on its official website, in which it announced that trips to Zante have been cancelled up to and including June 28 this year.

Other destinations have been further delayed including mainland Spain, Cyprus, Mallorca, Crete, Mykonos and Ibiza.

Holidays to these locations, and more, are now not scheduled to resume until next month.

The Liverpool Echo sends newsletters on a wide range of topics - including our daily news bulletin, now going out three times a day.

There are others on what's on, politics, court news, Knowsley, Wirral, and arts & culture, as well as both Liverpool FC and Everton FC.

Signing up is free and it only takes a minute for you to get the biggest stories, sent straight to your inbox.

How to sign up for an Echo Email Update

1) Go to our dedicated newsletter page at this link.

2) Put your email in the box where indicated

3) Tick as many boxes as you like, for each newsletter you want.

4) Press Save changes and that's it!

All holidays to the following destinations are now cancelled up to and including July 4:

  • Aruba
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Greece – Crete (Chania), Kavala, Kefalonia, Mykonos, Preveza, Samos, Santorini, Skiathos, Thessaloniki
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Malta
  • Spain - Mainland Spain, Formentera, Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, La Palma
  • All TUI Lakes & Mountains destinations

Holidays to the majority of these destinations had previously only been cancelled until around mid June.

The travel provider went on to announce that all holidays to the following destinations are cancelled up to and including July 11:

Trips to these destinations had previously been cancelled by the travel provider until late June.

A company spokesperson said: “We want to offer our customers flexibility and choice this summer, so where borders are open and FCDO advice allows travel, we will operate to those destinations as planned.

“We are constantly reviewing our holiday programme and cancellations in line with the government updates every three weeks, with the next update expected on 24 June.

“All customers will be contacted as soon as possible if there is any change to their booking.”

TUI has said that customers affected by its cancellations will be contacted directly and have a number of options available to them.

This includes being able to request a full cash refund on their booking.