Great Britain

Trevor Bauer news: LA Dodgers star appears in court after accuser’s text messages & ‘assault photos’ seen

TREVOR Bauer appeared in a Los Angeles court today wearing a plum suit after he was accused of alleged sexual assault.

Bauer denied the allegations ahead of the July 23 hearing on the temporary restraining order against him that his alleged victim was granted in California. The hearing could take two to three days, attorneys said.

The LA Dodgers star is expected to contest her claims against him after his administrative leave was extended to July 27 and their text exchanges and "assault photos" were seen.

His accuser alleged that she consented to have sex with him, but that she "did not agree or consent to what he did next … I did not agree to be sexually assaulted."

Bauer's agent Jon Fetterolf denied the woman's accusations and told TMZ: "Mr. Bauer had a brief and wholly consensual sexual relationship initiated by [the accuser] beginning in April 2021."

The woman's attorney Marc Garelick said: "We anticipate there will be criminal action against Mr. Bauer, and it is our hope law enforcement will take our client’s allegations and case seriously."

Read our Trevor Bauer live blog for all the latest news and updates...

  • ACCUSER WENT TO HOSPITAL AND TO POLICE

    The declaration goes on to add that it was during their second and final time together that the woman visited an emergency room and claims to have been diagnosed with a head injury and assault by manual strangulation.

    The woman appears to have sought help from the Pasadena Police who are investigating her claims.

    She said: "'I was afraid what Trevor would do if he found out. I remain afraid that Trevor will find me and hurt me for going to the hospital."

  • SECOND ENCOUNTER ALLEGEDLY LEFT ACCUSER 'SHAKING'

    "I was absolutely frozen and terrified. I could not speak or move. After punching me several times, he then flipped me back onto my stomach and began choking me with hair. I lost consciousness again," Bauer's accuser said in court documents.

    "He opened my legs to expose my vagina and began punching me repeatedly in the vagina."

    The experience, she said, left her in a state of shaking and sobbing - with Bauer allegedly trying to inform her she was safe.

  • WHAT ALLEGEDLY HAPPENED IN THE SECOND ENCOUNTER?

    During their second time together, the woman accused the pitcher of punching her several times in the head and vagina.

    “After punching me several times, he then flipped me back onto my stomach and began choking me with hair,” she said.

    “I lost consciousness again.”

    The alleged victim added: "This was the first punch I felt but it is very possible that Trevor had already been punching and scratching the right side of my face while I was unconscious.

    "Trevor then punched me hard with a closed fist to the left side of my jaw, the left side of my head, and both cheekbones. I remember this vividly and it was extremely startling and painful."

  • BAUER ACCUSED OF 'CHOKING' WOMAN WITH HER OWN HAIR

    In the first encounter, the woman reportedly drove from San Diego to Los Angeles to meet Bauer.

    Once they became intimate, the woman claims Bauer used her hair to choke her until she blacked out, court documents show.

    She claims Bauer “sexually assaulted” her by sodomizing her, leaving her bleeding and struggling to walk.

    The pair communicated the next morning with Bauer allegedly teasing her about being sore and her informing him that she did not enjoy the time together, according to the report.

  • ACCUSER WAS HOSPITALIZED

    Medical records appear to show Bauer's accuser was hospitalized for injuries which included a head injury.

    Bauer was named in a litany of accusations that went from consensual to vicious causing the 27-year-old San Diego woman he met online to suffer black eyes and various scratches.

  • BAUER'S WITNESSES ARE CALLED IN

    Trevor Bauer's witnesses have been called into the courtroom.

    It is unconfirmed how many witnesses are there for the MLB player.

    The court hearing could take two to three days.

  • A spokesperson for Major League Baseball said the league is investigating the allegations, adding officials have the power to suspend a player even if they haven’t been charged with a crime.

    “MLB continues to collect information in our ongoing investigation concurrent with the Pasadena Police Department’s active criminal investigation,” the spokesperson said. 

    “We will comment further at the appropriate time.”

  • JUDGE IN CASE REVEALED

    The judge in today's court case has been revealed.

    The Honorable Lawrence P. Riff will be presiding over Friday morning's appearance.

    The Sun are now inside of the courtroom to hear the details of the case.

  • BAUER’S LEAVE EXTENDED UNTIL AFTER RESTRAINING ORDER HEARING

    A hearing on the restraining order against Trevor Bauer is scheduled for July 23.

    His administrative leave was extended by nearly two weeks past its original date by the MLB. He will now remain on leave until July 27.

  • BAUER WAS 'CONFUSED' WHEN ACCUSER SOUGHT MEDICAL HELP

    Bauer's agent, Jon Fetterolf, said Bauer "did what was asked" of him by Ms. Hill.

    “In the days following their second and final encounter, [the woman] shared photos of herself and indicated that she had sought medical care for a concussion.

    “Mr Bauer responded with concern and confusion, and [the woman] was neither angry nor accusatory.”

  • BAUER SUGGESTED SLAPPING ACCUSER 'IN THE FACE' IN TEXTS

    In messages obtained by DailyMail.com, Bauer appears to suggest “slaps in the face” to which Hill responds: “yes yes yes.”

    She is also said to have written: “The pink socks stay ON while cuddling…Buttttt offff [sic] when it’s time to choke me out.”

    Hill adds: “Mmmm, get a couple of slaps in there and then another handprint on my @$$.

    Bauer, who denies the allegations against him, replies: “Mmmm. Do you even know what pain is.” Hill says: “Idk. Try me.”

  • WHAT DID THE ACCUSER'S ATTORNEY SAY?

    The woman's attorney, Marc Garelick, said: "Our goal is to keep Mr. Bauer from contacting our client in any way possible.

    "[We] sought and obtained an order for Protection from the Court against Mr Trevor Bauer, under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act."

    Garelick added: "The order is a result of a recent assault that took place at the hands of Mr. Bauer where Ms. Hill suffered severe physical and emotional pain.

    "We anticipate there will be criminal action against Mr Bauer, and it is our hope law enforcement will take our client’s allegations and case seriously."

    A hearing on the restraining order is scheduled for July 23, which will decide whether the temporary order will become permanent.

Football news:

Klopp on the debut of young Bradley and Gordon for Liverpool: The surprise is that they can play the full 90 minutes. I am happy for them
Inzaghi on 3:1 with Fiorentina: I am happy with the reaction to the conceded goal. Inter had to suffer for the first half hour
FIFA will hold an online summit. On September 30, FIFA addressed its member associations and representatives of players, clubs, leagues and confederations to discuss changes in the calendar of International matches. Many football experts have agreed that the calendar of International matches should be reformed and improved. It is reported that the online summit, which will discuss related issues, will be held on September 30. The technical advisory groups that will present their ideas at the summit were created under the leadership of former Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger and former US women's national team coach Jill Ellis. It is noted that fans from all over the world will also take part in the discussion
Ferdinand on Rüdiger: He became the best central defender of the Premier League under Tuchel. Lampard did not appreciate him
The police could not find fans who racially insulted ex - Southampton player Yankevits
I am not a victim of racism. I'm black and proud. Menyan responded to the insults of Juventus fans
Phil Jones will be in the Manchester United squad for the game against West Ham. He has not played since January 2020