A toddler living in a mould-ridden council flat has been left with skin so sore it looks like he was 'burnt with a kettle'.
Mum-of-three Amy Harrison, 24, says her boy's eczema has been aggravated by the mould in her Birmingham property.
The mum has been battling to get the mould removed after her son Keeghan was hospitalised twice for skin 'flare-ups triggered by fungal spores'.
The one-year-old's body is almost completely covered in agonising itchy red patches, Birmingham Live reports.
Ms Harrison, who has put up with the damp flat for five years, has repeatedly asked the council to remove the mould, which is in her bathroom, lounge and hallway.
She even took Birmingham City Council to court in October last year over the unsafe condition of the flat, with the council pleading guilty to leaving the property in 'such a state as to cause a risk of illness of disease'.
Two pages worth of urgent repairs were carried out, including fixing various leaks - but she claims they simply painted over the mouldy walls and within two weeks, the damp was even worse than before.
The authority apologised for delays and said 'urgent repairs were successfully completed', despite photos taken this week (August 12) capturing mould across the flat.
Amy says her youngest son has been left with 'no quality of life', with the boy screaming in pain every hour as she applies three different creams to treat his aggravated eczema.
After two hospital admissions, the tot's paediatric dermatology specialist wrote to the council's housing team to stress mould spores are a trigger for his condition.
She warned the child's eczema would 'continue to flare' if the mould was not fixed in the letter penned late last month and shown below.
The full time mum, who suffers from mental health issues, told BirminghamLive: "The photos don't do it justice. In person, he's got about 80 per cent of his skin that looks like he's been burnt with a kettle of water.
"The doctors have said he has got no quality of life. He doesn't sleep because of the itching and how sore he is. He shouldn't have to be in the pain he's in.
"Every hour I have to apply three different creams that's every hour - even during the night. He screams as I put it on as well."
During a week's stay at the children's hospital - and while away from the council flat - the mum explained how his eczema 'almost disappeared'.
"We actually started to be able to see part of his skin," she said.
"But by the time he got discharged, within just a few days, he was back red raw and you couldn't see any of his skin again."
Her four-year-old Theo also suffers from eczema, with occasional flare-ups, though they're not as severe as her youngest son.
Her three-year-old son Jaydon doesn't have any issues.
She also claims her toilet was broken by the council and she waited three days for it to bring a portaloo at the start of July. In which time, her family-of-four were left using 'buckets and pop bottles' instead.
"I had a blockage and and as they went to unblock it they smashed the whole bottom of my toilet.
"They left that there, with all faeces still at the bottom. I had to use all my duvet covers and towels to clean it up off the floor, because it all flooded.
"The smell was not only in my house but you could smell it outside the property. Keeghan is meant to have at least minimum two baths a day for his skin, but he hadn't had that for three weeks because I wasn't bathing him in a stinking bathroom with faeces and urine in the air.
"They [the council] left and they didn't come back for three days with the portaloo. [When it came] it only got cleaned out twice while we had it for a month. They're supposed to clean it every other day."
The toilet repairs were eventually carried out after more than three weeks - while the council say the problem was 'resolved as swiftly as possible'.
"It's degrading. They don't even care. I've cried on the phone. They just won't listen. The mould has been like this for five years and they have got worse since then," she added.
"I've told them it's not just a painting over job. I just want them to rectify the problems, actually sort it out, because all they've done for the past five years is come back with this 'magic paint' to stop paint and mould but it just comes back twice as bad."
Birmingham City Council claimed all the 'urgent' repair works were carried out in October last year following the court case.
But it promised to follow up with Ms Harrison to fix any 'outstanding issues' as it stressed that it 'needed tenants to provide them access' to the property.
A spokesperson for Birmingham City Council said: “While we apologise for any delay to repairs carried out, we do need our tenants to work with us.
"When a problem arises, we need our tenants to report the issue and most importantly, provide us with access to the property, including keeping scheduled appointments.
"All urgent repair works to the flat were successfully completed last October.
"The issues regarding the broken toilet were resolved as swiftly as possible and were completed in July.
"A follow up will be made with Ms Harrison to ensure that there are no outstanding issues.”
The family are currently on the waiting list to be given a three bedroom house - which they are eligible for. But the mum was told there's a waiting list of six months.