A GIRL of six needed life-saving surgery after swallowing 23 magnets in a TikTok challenge.
The child had stomach pains and was vomiting for 48 hours when they ripped through her bowels.
She consumed them over a few days this month in Lewes, East Sussex, during a trend to imitate tongue piercings.
Mum Tanitha, who found more magnets in her daughter’s room, warned: "It’s been overwhelming for her. It could have been much worse - there's no permanent damage.
"I want to warn parents about the dangers of their children playing with magnets.
"I want to reinforce how dangerous these magnets really are."
The magnets were so strong they clamped together in her intestines and doctors found a string of them in her bowels.
She has a 10cm scar from major surgery and was discharged from hospital on Monday .
Consultant paediatric surgeon Costa Healy, who performed the operation, said the magnets can cause life-changing injuries and can be fatal.
She added: "The vast majority of time we get there in time to save them, but if I was a parent with this type of magnets in the house, I'd be getting rid of them."
The girl had been playing with the magnets at school before she took them home to make jewels for a doll.
Earlier this month a nine-year-old boy Jack nearly died when he also swallowed magnetic balls for a TikTok challenge.
The lad from Stirling needed urgent surgery. He lost his appendix, his small bowel and 30cm of his large bowel.