Great Britain
This article was added by the user Anna. TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

Three people hospitalised after massive explosion blows house to pieces with glass, wood and brick strewn across street

THREE people have been hospitalised following a massive explosion which has blown a house to pieces with glass, wood and brick strewn across street.

Emergency crews were scrambled at around 7.10pm this evening after a suspected gas blast.

The street has been left covered in debris, with glass, wood and brick strewn across the road.

It is not yet known if there are any casualties from the horror explosion in Gorse Park in Ayr, Scotland.

One local resident said the home had been left "completely flattened" and that "the whole street is a wreck".

Photos shared on social media show a gap in a row of houses, where it is understood the explosion originated.

Broken glass covers the street with smoke pouring into the sky.

Cops have urged locals to stay away, with several fire crews also on the scene.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Ambulance Service said: "We received a call at 7.16pm to attend an incident at Gorse Park, Ayr, alongside Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.

"We dispatched a number of resources to the scene, including three specialist operations vehicles, six ambulances and an air ambulance.

"Three patients were transported by road to Crosshouse hospital."

A spokesman for gas distribution company SGN said they were helping emergency services.

He said: "At around 8pm tonight we received a request to assist the emergency services following the reports of a serious explosion in Gorse Park, Ayr.

"Our engineers are currently assisting the emergency services to ensure the immediate vicinity is made safe in our role as the gas emergency service."

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We received a report of an explosion at a property on Gorse Park in Ayr shortly after 7.10pm.

“Emergency services are currently at the scene.”

Police at scene after van ploughs into workmen killing electrical engineer and leaving 2000 homes without power