Here are the latest rugby headlines from Wales and the wider world on Saturday, December 21.
Anscombe under the knife again
Wales star Gareth Anscombe has been forced to undergo a second operation on the knee injury that destroyed his World Cup hopes.
Anscombe has had a second procedure to his right knee this week, which he ruptured during the World Cup warm-up match against England in the summer.
An Ospreys statement read: "As a result of Gareth's progress plateauing in the last month, and in conjunction with Gareth and his specialist, it was decided that a secondary minor procedure would be in his best interest, with the aim to allow him to progress and accelerate his rehabilitation in the New Year.
"Surgery went well and at this stage we're ruling nothing out with regard to a possible return towards the end of the season, however we'll be in a better position to clarify a realistic prognosis in the new year when he goes back to see the specialist'."
In a recent interview, Best said "too much detail" from Ireland's coaches was one of the factors in the team's poor performance at the Rugby World Cup.
"I think we started to become - not dictated to - but we just let Joe do everything," he said at the time.
Speaking as a TV pundit during Leinster's Pro14 win against Ulster on Friday evening, Best moved to set the record straight and express his disappointment regarding how his words were portrayed.
"What really frustrated me was the actual headlines," said Best.
"When you read what was written in the article, it was more what my feelings were. People want answers about the World Cup.
"You're talking in hindsight and I thought as a player group, and me being the captain of that group, that we could have done more and taken more responsibility - that was my point.
"People put headlines on that were not reflective. Anyone who knows me and my feelings towards Joe and how tight we've been over the last four years, certainly as captain, would know that he's the best coach I've ever worked with - I think he's one of the best coaches in the world.
"I just felt a wee bit let down that it looked like I threw him under the bus. That was never my intention."
Teenager tipped for Six Nations
Gloucester coach John Ackerman has tipped 18-year-old Welsh winger Louis Rees-Zammit for international honours after his stunning two-try display against Worcester.
The teenager's stock has risen remarkably in a short space of time and there is a growing clamour for him to be called up by Wales in the near future.
"The big challenge for Louis now is to stay humble and keep learning," Ackerman told the Telegraph.
"When you see a young player produce good things in training, you hope they can transfer them to the field. In the last two weeks he’s started to show the things he can do in space. The reason I thought he was ready for this step is he’s a confident guy. He’s up for the challenge and not like a normal 18-year-old. He has the confidence to try things and that’s what you need at this level.
"International rugby is definitely a big step up, the best of the best play there and everything is faster, but he’s definitely got the skill. If he does get an invite to the Wales group, he will have to prove himself like he has here. I think it might be good to invite him into a camp, but not always play him so he’s always learning.
"He’s good enough to play there, he’s got size for a young guy, and he’s going to become a man when he gets older. He’s got mental toughness too."
Lions star's spectacular marriage proposal
Irish rugby star Simon Zebo has shared his joy after his partner and mother of his three children accepted his spectacular marriage proposal in Paris.
The winger, who toured with the 2013 Lions, popped the question in front of an illuminated Eiffel Tower and had a singer and photographer on hand to help make and capture the moment.
Zebo's partner Elvira Fernandez gave birth to the couple's third child Noah last month.
The former Munster star now plays for Paris club Racing 92 and he and Elvira are also parents to Jacob and Sofia.
Dragons boss apologises
Dragons chief Dean Ryan has apologised to the officials who took charge of the Welsh side's European Challenge Cup match at Worcester earlier this month.
A statement from the region read: "Dean Ryan, Director of Dragons Rugby, would like to apologise to Joel Jutge (EPCR Head of Match Officials) and the European Challenge Cup Round 3 match officials for not following the formal feedback process, in relation to the fixture with Worcester Warriors at Sixways Stadium.
"Dragons Rugby will not be making any further comment on this matter."
Following the 34-28 defeat, Ryan hit out at referee Marius Mitrea for sending off Taine Basham, saying at the time: “It was a rugby incident that can be dealt with a penalty or at worst a yellow card.
“He kept saying he has not got a TMO so why is he jumping to give a red when he hasn’t got a TMO to confirm.
“It was nowhere near a full tip and with no TMO to reinforce that I just don’t understand.
“There are rugby incidents in a collision sport and I don’t believe that was a situation that merited a red card.
“I was just pulling my hair out.
“We don’t referee by TMO, we referee by a team of officials. I just can’t understand why we can’t see that.”