Here are the morning headlines from the rugby world on Wednesday, December 18.
Tipuric flattered at links with top clubs
Justin Tipuric says he will soon make a decision on his future, adding he is flattered to be linked with high-profile clubs.
The openside flanker is out of contract at the end of the season, and was linked with a £500k-a-year move over the Severn to the Bristol Bears shortly after the World Cup.
Having clocked up 72 international caps, Tipuric is free to ply his trade outside Wales and still be eligible to represent his country, meaning he is free to take a big money deal overseas if he wants it.
Speaking about his future, he said: "A decision will be made in a few weeks or so. There has not been a decision made yet.
"I hear rumours and stuff. I am not into the social media side of it which is probably a good thing.
"I have people coming up to me and say I am signing for all sorts of clubs and it’s a bit crazy.
"To be rumoured with such high (profile) clubs is an honour."
Read more here
Wallabies star signs record-breaking deal
Reece Hodge has signed a three year extension at the Melbourne Rebels, the longest such extension in the history of the Super Rugby outfit.
Hodge is Melbourne's all-time leading point scorer, and said he was keen to build on a career that offered him his first professional deal four years ago.
The lock's new extension also means he will remain a backline candidate for the Wallabies heading into the 2023 World Cup, having been a part of the side that reached the quarter-finals out in Japan earlier this year.
"Playing in a Rugby World Cup was my dream as a kid so to be able to say I've done that is an amazing feeling," he said.
"However, winning a World Cup is the ultimate goal, so to have the opportunity to play my rugby in Australia for the next four years and hopefully earn another crack at that is extremely exciting.
"It's been awesome to see the contingent of Rebels in the gold jersey increase year upon year."
Cheika set to miss out on Montpellier job as new favourite emerges
Michael Cheika's bid to succeed Vern Cotter as director of rugby at Montpellier appears to be in doubt.
According to Midi Olympique , Frenchman Philippe Saint-Andre is now the front-runner to take over from the Kiwi, who is set to leave his role in 2020.
Cheika was believed to have been approached by the club at the end of October, but it appears that negotiations may not have been too frutitful.
Saint-Andre hasn't had a full-time job in the game since guiding France to a World Cup quarter-final in 2015, where they were subjected to a humiliating defeat to New Zealand in Cardiff.
However, reports in France have strongly tipped him as the man to take over, which would inevitably spark questions over Cheika's next move, following his departure from the Wallabies at the end of the World Cup.
Northampton's Leinster nightmare continues
Northampton had no answer to a rampant Leinster in their Champions Cup clash in Dublin on Saturday, but their nightmare looks set to continue a little longer.
EPCR have now summoned trio Lewis Bean , Andy Symons and Matt Proctor to independent disciplinary hearings in London on Wednesday over alleged foul tackles in contravention of Law 9.13 during the 50-21 defeat.
Bean's offence allegedly took place during a tackle with Leinster prop Cian Healy, while Symons has been cited for an allegedly dangerous tackle on James Tracy, both occurred early during the first half of the encounter.
The incident involving Proctor occurred eight minutes from time following a challenge on replacement Ciaran Frawley.
All three players face potential bans of three weeks.