A music festival in Newport has been pushed back again due to the pandemic.

Let's Rock Wales was due to be held in Tredegar Park on 4 June 2021, but the music festival's organisers have announced a new date of Saturday September 18, 2021.

The retro music festival, which first came to Wales in 2019, is set to bring '80s stars including Adam Ant, Kim Wilde, T'Pau and Chesney Hawkes to Welsh shores, and it has now followed in the footsteps of a handful of other UK music festivals in announcing it hopes to go ahead in 2021.

In an online post last week Let's Rock Wales said it would be announcing a new date for the festival, saying it was "confident and excited" that fans would again be able to gather and enjoy the festivities.

"Following last week's news, we are thrilled to now confirm that Let's Rock Wales returns to Tredegar Park, Newport on Saturday September 18, 2021," the organisers said.

Tickets for the original date remain valid, and the rescheduling means Tenpole Tudor have been replaced on the lineup with Odyssey.

Let's Rock Wales is the second major festival to announce it will hold its 2021 edition.

It follows the announcement that the Green Man festival said it hoped its own festival in the Brecon Beacons would be going ahead as planned.

Organisers of the four-day festival spoke out following Prime Minister Boris Johnson's recent laying out of a "road map to recovery" and the plan to ease restrictions by late June.

However, Mark Drakeford has said Wales will follow its own path out of restrictions, and the next review of alert level four restrictions in Wales is set to take place on April 2.

Earlier this week the first minister left the door open to the return of sports fans to stadiums in 2021. Read what he said here.