A teen who drinks 12 cans of Red Bull per day was admitted to hospital after she collapsed at school, having suffered several heart cramps.
Mascha K., a self-confessed Red Bull addict from Zurich, Switzerland was admitted to hospital after she collapsed at her vocational training school with heart cramps last Wednesday.
After the 17-year-old, who works as an apprentice in the health sector, collapsed, a friend called a taxi, which took her to the emergency room of the Winterthur Cantonal Hospital.
Mascha posted a short clip of herself on TikTok lying in her hospital bed along with some pictures of Red Bull cans captioned: "Don't enjoy it too much."
News site Blick reports that the teenager explained that after telling the doctor she often drinks as many as two dozen cans of the energy drink per day, the doctors were taken back and asked her: "Why do you think you collapsed?"
They then told her that her Red Bull addiction had landed her in hospital and that if she did not stop, she was likely to be back before long.
Mascha gave more details about her addiction, saying she started drinking the energy drink in large quantities when she started working.
She said: "It started with a cigarette and a Red Bull in the morning, then during every break, after work and in the evening with colleagues."
The teen claims she has since cut down to just one or two cans of the energy drink, but she claims that not drinking them has given her a 'comedown'.
She said: "You only notice that you are drinking too much of it when it is already too late."
In June the Mirror told of a dad who had a heart attack after drinking 12 cans of energy drinks every day for a year has warned about excessive consumption of the products.
Lee Kamen collapsed from a heart attack after guzzling between eight and 12 cans a day.
After a shop sold his 10-year-old daughter an energy drink can, he said he was keen to educate adults and kids about the risks of excessive drinking them.
He poured the energy drink which his daughter bought straight down the drain.
He has spent his life in the bar and hospitality industry and owns The Vault Bar in Hull.
But he said the drinks should be banned and appealed to shop owners to be responsible about selling them to under-16s.Read More Read More