A teenage boy was stabbed to death and a second was injured close to a park where a tragic Girl Scout was murdered two years ago.

Police officers and a member of the public tried to save the boy, aged in his mid-teens, after he was knifed in Harold Hill in Romford, east London, at about 6.40pm on Friday.

Paramedics attended but despite their efforts the teenager was pronounced dead at the scene just before 7.10pm.

Just minutes after the boy was stabbed, the Metropolitan Police received a call about a second boy, roughly the same age, suffering from a stab wound in a nearby road next to Amy's Park.

It is the same park where Jodie Chesney, 17, was randomly stabbed to death in March 2019.

A witness told MyLondon they saw "several guys with machetes" chasing a boy, who was attacked near a shop.

Have you been affected by this story? Email [email protected]

Jodie Chesney
Jodie Chesney, 17, was stabbed to death at Amy's Park in March 2019

An air ambulance landed nearby as paramedics attempted to save the boy who died.

He is the 27th person to be fatally stabbed in the capital this year.

The second teen was taken to hospital.

Details of his condition were not released.

Police said the first boy was found after officers and paramedics were called to reports of a fight.

Police at the scene of a fatal stabbing in Harold Hill
Police were called to reports of a fight shortly before 6.45pm on Friday

Three people have been arrested in connection with the investigation.

A spokesperson for the Met Police said: "Detectives are investigating following a fatal stabbing in Havering.

"Police were called at 6.41pm on Friday, 7 May to Church Road following reports of a fight.

"Officers attended and found a boy, believed to be aged in his mid-teens, suffering from a stab injury.

"They immediately provided first aid with the assistance of a member of public.

"The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended.

The Mirror's newsletter brings you the latest news, exciting showbiz and TV stories, sport updates and essential political information.

The newsletter is emailed out first thing every morning, at 12noon and every evening.

Never miss a moment by signing up to our newsletter here.

"Despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.07pm.

"Officers are in the process of tracing next of kin.

"Formal identification has not taken place. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

"Police were also called at 6.51pm to reports of a male stabbed on Retford Road.

"They attended with the London Ambulance Service and found a second boy, also aged in his mid-teens, suffering from a stab wound.

"He was taken to an east London hospital. We await an update on his condition.

"Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command have been informed.

"A number of crime scenes remain in place.

"Three people have been arrested in connection with the investigation. We await further information."

Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6572/07May. People can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Jodie died in her boyfriend's arms in a tragic case of mistaken identity two years ago.

Drug dealer Svenson Ong-a-Kwie, 19, and his 17-year-old runner Arron Isaacs were involved in a “tit-for-tat vendetta” with rivals when they killed her by mistake, the Old Bailey heard.

The popular 17-year-old student had been relaxing with friends when two shadowy figures emerged from the dark and one knifed her in the back.

She screamed and collapsed in the arms of her boyfriend, Eddie Coyle, 18, as her attackers made off in a drug dealer’s car.

Ong-a-Kwie and Isaacs were found guilty of murder.

Judge Wendy Joseph QC handed the stabber Ong-a-Kwie a life sentence with a minimum of 26 years.

She ordered his “enthusiastic supporter” Isaacs to be detained at Her Majesty’s Pleasure for at least 18 years.