Strictly Come Dancing bosses are said to be planning an array of strict rules in order to keep guests safe amid the pandemic, should it go ahead.

Among the new guidelines, celebrity guests and judges will no longer be able to invite friends and family behind the scenes to show their support.

The dramatic new changes are being discussed in a bid to keep the show alive in a post-pandemic entertainment world.

The latest restrictions came just days after bosses announced the ballroom's layout will be completely revamped in order to give the audience a two-metre distance.

According to insiders, stars will also now have their hair and make-up done off site and staff numbers will be stripped to a minimum.

Speaking about the changes to the Strictly behind the scenes, an insider explained that the show's usual level of excitement and glitter is going to change.

Strictly episodes are usually brimming with people but that is set to change

“Strictly's the biggest show on TV so it’s like a party every Saturday night when the show is on," the telly insider told The Sun.

"Guests of judges, Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli are usually invited to enjoy drinks before watching the show. The celebs and some of the dancers will often have guests too.

The insider added: “It means the studios are always jam packed. But because of the on-going pandemic, it’s going to have to stop.

Bosses have suggested that the judges will not be able to bring their entourage
Striclty's backstage area is going to look a lot different

“This year guests are being kept to an absolute minimum. There will be no entourages or endless guests anymore. Even the glam squads are getting the boot."

All the changes taking place across the television industry are geared at providing the safest possible environment while allowing the show to go on.

“Of course it’s not the best news for those super fans of the show but ultimately, the safety of everyone who works on Strictly, and those performing, is the priority," the television source concluded.

The 2020 lineup for Strictly Come Dancing is yet to be confirmed

There has been plenty of talk surrounding the future of the his BBC show as a result of ongoing disruption across the entertainment world due to the pandemic.

So far, nothing appears to have been confirmed and stars have been left in the dark over who might be competing in the next season.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033