One of the victims of the Streatham terror attack victim who screamed "he stabbed me" has been pictured and named for the first time.

Monika Luftner was attacked when 20-year-old jihadi Sudesh Amman struck in Streatham, London, on Sunday.

The mum, who is in her 50s, was dashed to hospital with stab wounds but she's now "recovering well" at home, her partner said.

Monika, who works at St Bede’s Catholic Infant & Nursery School near Balham, had gone with her daughter to meet friends in a cafe.

The teacher turned down another coffee and left her daughter with pals before deciding to cycle home.

She was then stabbed in the back as she attempted to cycle away as Amman began attacking pedestrians at around 2pm.

And just 60 seconds later he was dead as undercover cops tailing him gunned him down.

Monika Luftner was stabbed in the attack

Amman had been released just ten days before he launched his attack, which had chilling echoes of a similar incident last year on London Bridge.

He has been jailed for distributing terrorist materials, and the court heard he was obsessed with the idea of dying a martyr.

The terrorist even encouraged his former girlfriend to behead her parents as they were “disbelievers”.

Monika was one of three people injured in the attack, with two people stabbed and one hit by flying glass from police discharging their weapons.

Monika’s husband confirmed that she is recovering after being discharged from hospital on Sunday, reports The Sun.

She is understood to have worked at the school for more than five years and teaches kids aged three and four years old.

And outside the school today, one mum said: “Everyone is devastated for her. She’s such a lovely woman who would do anything for the kids.

“She’s always coming up with new ideas for the school and doing things after hours, she’s a big part of the community.”

In a statement, the school said: “We can confirm a member of staff was injured in Sunday's terror related incident in Streatham.

"She is now making a good recovery after experiencing a shocking attack."

The spokesman added that she was "being supported by the school community" but needed time to recover.

Another mum said: “It's terrifying, it's so close to home. I hope she recovers quickly.”

Justice secretary Robert Buckland has said emergency legislation is needed to make sure terrorists are not released automatically from prison half way through their sentence.

The MP also said the Parole Board should review cases before such offenders are freed.

Police said Amman began stabbing the victims about 60 seconds after entering a shop, where he stole a knife and removed the packaging as he ran from a staff member.

It comes after the attack at Fishmongers' Hall in the City of London in November, when another convicted terrorist, Usman Khan, murdered two people despite being on probation.

Sudesh Amman was shot dead by cops

Cambridge graduates Jack Merritt, 25, and Saskia Jones, 23, were stabbed to death at the rehabilitation conference.

This prompted a raft of measures to be proposed including forcing dangerous terrorists who receive extended determinate sentences to serve the whole time behind bars.

The Counter Terrorism (Sentencing and Release) Bill, which is yet to be fully debated in Parliament, would also ensure those convicted of serious offences would spend a minimum of 14 years in jail.

It would also introduce lie-detector tests for offenders and double the number of counter-terrorism probation officers.

Usman Khan was also released from jail

Mr Buckland told the House of Commons on Monday afternoon: "Yesterday's appalling incident makes the case plainly for immediate action.

"We cannot have the situation, as we saw tragically in yesterday's case, where an offender - a known risk to innocent members of the public - is released early by automatic process of law without any oversight by the Parole Board.

"We will be doing everything we can to protect the public, that is our primary duty.

"We will, therefore, introduce emergency legislation to ensure an end to terrorist offenders getting released automatically having served half of their sentence with no check or review."

Investigations continue with officers also searching two addresses in south London and Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire.

Police search teams arrive at the bail hostel of Amman

Mr Buckland added: "We face an unprecedented situation of severe gravity and, as such, it demands that the Government responds immediately and that this legislation will therefore also apply to serving prisoners."

He said offenders will not be considered for release until they have served two-thirds of their sentence and that no terrorists will be released before the end of their full custodial term unless the Parole Board agrees.

The Parole Board would be "strengthened" to deal more effectively with the risks that terrorists pose and steps would be taking to introduce the plans "as soon as possible", Mr Buckland said.

Police forensic officers work outside of a Boots store on Streatham High Road

ISIS supporter Amman, who at the time of his sentencing was 18 and living in Harrow, smirked as he was jailed for three years and four months at the Old Bailey.

The court heard that he had listed dying a martyr as one of his "life goals".

He had posted al Qaida propaganda on a family WhatsApp group, exposing siblings as young as 11 to graphic material.

His stash of manuals on bomb-making, knife-fighting and close combat included the titles Bloody Brazilian Knife Fighting and How To Make A Bomb In Your Kitchen.

Police officers conduct a search on Streatham High Road

The Government will also consider making new legislation to ensure that extremists are more closely monitored on release and will review whether the current maximum sentences for terrorist offences are sufficient.

A spokesman for the Parole Board welcomed the Government's plans and said offenders will not be directed for release "unless we are satisfied, taking account of all the evidence, that detention is no longer necessary for the protection of the public".

Read More

Today's Top Stories

But Clare Collier, an advocacy director for campaign group Liberty, said the plans were "a cause of increasing concern for our civil liberties".

She described it as a "threat to break the law by changing people's sentences retrospectively" which could "create more problems than it solves".