Sixth form students at the biggest secondary school in Carmarthen have been sent home to self-isolate after a confirmed case of coronavirus.
Pupils in years 12 and 13 have been sent home from Queen Elizabeth High, in the Johnstown area of the town.
The decision was made on Thursday morning after a confirmed positive case of Covid-19.
It has not been confirmed whether the positive case relates to a pupil or a member of staff, but it is understood that only one person has tested positive.
As a result, the whole of the sixth form at the school - which has more than 1,500 pupils in total, more than 200 of which are in the sixth form - are being asked to self-isolate.
Get stories like this straight to your inbox with our newsletters.
The news comes just two days after it was confirmed that a large number of pupils at Carmarthen’s other secondary school - Ysgol Bro Myrddin - had been told to self-isolate.
The whole of Year 8 at the school were told to stay at home on Tuesday morning while staff liaised with the Test, Trace and Protect team.
On the previous day, a number of students from Year 13 and members of staff were also told to self-isolate.
Keep up to date with the latest coronavirus data where you live:
Despite a number of cases in schools, and a current infection rate throughout Carmarthenshire of 215.1 per 100,000 population (based on the seven days up to November 29), a decision was made on Wednesday by education bosses in the county to keep schools open until December 18.
This decision was confirmed after calls had been made to close schools a week early across the county.