Simon Jordan 'can't understand' why Mike Ashley and the consortium interested in buying Newcastle United have been 'remarkably quiet' and have not 'waged a campaign' against the Premier League after the club's takeover collapsed.
The buyers - Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), Amanda Staveley and the Reuben Brothers - walked away from their bid on July 30 because of 'the prolonged process under the current circumstances coupled with global uncertainty'.
The Premier League had been carrying out their owners' and directors' test for more than four months and were grappling with a number of issues, including Saudi's links to piracy and who was going to be the ultimate beneficial owner.
Although the buyers withdrew their offer, the consortium and Ashley remain committed to the deal, if the Premier League approve it, and supporters, MPs and the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) have all urged the Premier League to break their silence.
Thousands of supporters have joined the Newcastle United Supporters' Trust (NUST) in the last couple of weeks and more than 108,000 people have signed a petition calling for an independent investigation.
While the buyers have gone on the record at various points in the last couple of weeks and Lee Charnley, Newcastle's managing director, has issued a comment, Jordan has been a little surprised that the consortium and Ashley have not been more vocal.
"I'm not saying that they are or they aren't but the observation amongst the Newcastle fanbase and what I can see is that the Premier League are exceeding their reach for a variety of reasons that are not their gift to do," he said in a talkSPORT discussion with Newcastle supporter Steve Wraith.
"Now, from my point of view, having bought football clubs, having done many deals, if I'm a willing seller and someone's a willing buyer, the last thing I'm going to have is someone who doesn't have the remit to stop me from doing it.
"So I don't understand on that basis if there is no reason for the Premier League to be unreasonable, if the Premier League aren't asking things that are within their gift to ask, why haven't Mike and PIF come out and said, 'That's restraint of trade. We're going to wage a campaign against the Premier League to drag you into the public domain, to make you accountable'.
Why should you sign up?
The takeover saga at Newcastle United has been the talk of Tyneside in recent months, with the £300m bid from Amanda Staveley, Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund and the Reuben brothers now being wthdrawn.
By signing up to our twice daily newsletter, you'll get all the latest news on the takeover - and all things black-and-white - straight to your inbox.
We'll also send out special newsletters with any breaking transfers news.
How do you sign up?
It's really easy and only takes a few seconds.
Just click on this link to our newsletter sign up form and select NUFC - all you have to do is enter your email address and you're all done.
If you decide to unsubscribe at any stage, simply follow the unsubscribe link on any of our newsletters - but we don't think you'll want to.
"But they're not doing it. The Newcastle fanbase are doing it but the buyer and seller seem to be remarkably quiet about what's stopping them from doing the deal that they want to do as much if not more than the Newcastle fans want them to do it."