Katie Price has told fans she takes 'full responsibility' after her horror drink-driving crash.

The former glamour model, who is currently receiving treatment at the The Priory hospital, apologised to her fans through a statement issued by her family, OK! reports.

She said she 'knows her actions were wrong' after the smash in September, which led to her appearing in court and pleading guilty to one count of drink-driving, one count of driving without insurance and one count of driving while disqualified.

The statement, issued to the Sunday Mirror, describes how Katie is still receiving treatment but: "acknowledges and takes full responsibility for her recent actions; she knows they were wrong and apologises."

READ MORE:Celebs and Strictly stars furious as they come to Tilly Ramsay's defence

The 43-year-old, who was banned from driving at the time of the crash, is making 'positive progress', her family added.

Katie appeared in court last month following the crash near her home in Sussex.

Katie Price, pictured under a blanket, leaves Crawley Magistrates' Court

The court was told she was heard saying at the scene: "I took drugs, I should not be driving. I admit it all."

She will be sentenced on 15 December.

Her family have remained fully supportive of her since the incident.

They told the Sunday Mirror: "As a family we want to thank you all for the support and well wishes that Katie has received.

"It has been a tough time for us all. Kate is deeply loved and she loves her family, we are all there for her right now – and her children, who she loves dearly, are giving her strength as a mum.”

Katie is currently receiving treatment at The Priory

The statement comes as Katie releases her new memoir about life with her 19-year-old disabled son Harvey, titled Harvey And Me.

Her family added of the new book: "Kate's love for Harvey is something that can never be questioned, and in their new book, Harvey & Me, we hope you can gain a sense of their relationship, bond and further understand a day in the life with Harvey – we thank you for your continued support."

The new memoir, published by Mirror books, details a series of revelations about Katie's life with her son, who suffers from complex medical needs due to the rare genetic condition Prader-Willi Syndrome.

Get the latest updates from across Greater Manchester direct to your inbox with the free MEN newsletter

You can sign up very simply by following the instructions here

He has also been diagnosed with ADHD, autism and septo-optic dysplasia, which causes blindness.

These include the moment Harvey's father Dwight York cut off contact with his disabled son when he was just a child - telling Katie: "I've disowned Harvey out of my life. I don't want anything to do with either of you."

She also details some of the challenges Harvey faces, from finding him searching the bin for food due to his insatiable hunger, to smashing up TVs and burning himself in the bath.

Katie writes: "I've actually found a local shop that sells cheap TVs because its just easier to keep buying new ones."

But the book also sees Katie explain how Harvey has achieved more than she could ever have once imagined.

"I'm so proud of the man he has become," she says. "He has such good banter. He's an ambassador for the UK's leading learning disability charity Mencap, he's got his own BBC documentary Harvey and Me.

"He was even nominated for a National Television Award – more on that later – and he was shortlisted for Celebrity Of The Year at the National Diversity Awards for his charity work. Not bad, eh?!"

Sign up to the MEN email newsletters to get the latest on sport, news, what's on and more by following this link