Preston North End returned to contact training on Tuesday morning but by the evening reports emerged in the national media.
Just after 5pm, the Daily Mail reported that a second individual, believed to be a player, had returned a positive test at the club's training ground.
The club have stated they won't be commenting on the matter until Thursday, when the EFL release their weekly test figures.
The report came following the club's first contact training session, in which North End took part in a 10-aside practice match according to the Mirror - PNE resumed this training after having their plan authorised by the EFL on Monday.
Jayden Stockley became the first Preston player to test positive last Thursday - PNE had been following strict social distancing procedures at Springfields and training in pods of five last week.
The North End forward was said to be asymptomatic and insisted he felt "really good".
Just like Stockley, the individual, reported as an 'un-named striker' by The Sun, will have to isolate for seven days.
Stories in the national media say that as a result, many more of the squad may have to remain at home for 14 days under the Government’s track and trace policy - that would be a hindrance given that Preston would be set to resume playing four days later.
PNE though, like the rest of EFL clubs, were provided with 'Return To Training Protocols' last month - the club say the guidance is not for everyone to isolate, only those to have been in contact with the player for longer than 15 minutes, at 2 meters apart or less.
The Sun also claim that the Championship is likely to follow the Premier League's proposal that games can only be postponed if ten players are ruled out.
North End are preparing for a restart date of June 20 in the Championship - the first game back for Alex Neil's side would be at Luton Town as originally scheduled.
In the EFL's statement regarding the restart, it was said that the use of five substitutes and match day squads of 18-20 were being considered.