Sally Godwin, 29, will today be sentenced for the manslaughter of Ronald Portz.

Godwin has pleaded guilty to killing 30-year-old Mr Portz at the house they shared in Dodthorpe, Orchard Park on November 9 last year.

The dad-of-three was found dead at the house in the early hours of that morning.

Godwin was arrested and charged with murder just two days later.

She denies murder but has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and will be sentenced by His Honour Judge Jeremy Richardson at Sheffield Crown Court today.

The hearing is expected to start at 2pm.

Updates live from the courtroom will be added to the blog below.

'I begged him to open his eyes'

Soon after he had died, Mr Portz' mother, Tina Moss, paid tribute to him.

She said he was a "lovely son" who had been "taken from her."

She said: "I went to see his body and I was begging him to open his eyes. I want him to come home. I just want Ronald back.

"He would always come and see me, and he looked out for all of my kids. If any harm came to them he sorted it all out.

"He came out of prison a couple of weeks ago, after being inside for 14 days, and he rang me and said, 'Mam, I'm out.'

"I was laughing at him and joked when his next holiday would be. That was the last time I got to speak to him properly.

"I just can't believe this has happened. I'm heartbroken."

Ronald Portz was found dead on November 9

Sally Godwin's first court appearance

After being charged with murder on November 10, Sally Godwin made her first crown court appearance on November 14.

Dressed in a dark green jumper and flanked by two security guards, she confirmed her name and address.

Godwin wept throughout her hearing and a trial date was set for March this year. As she was led back into custody, she turned towards her family and shouted: "Don't let them take my kids."

She pleaded not guilty to murder on January 24, sobbing as the entered her plea, but has since pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Sally Godwin

What we know so far

Ronald Portz was found dead at his home in Dodthorpe, Orchard Park on November 9 last year.

Police cordoned off the area and kept watch while forensics worked at the scene.

Residents described waking up to the sound of screaming. They said they watched in horror as police and paramedics rushed to the house.

One neighbour said she saw a boy desperately trying to alert neighbours by knocking on doors and windows and screaming.

At around 3pm on November 10, police said Ronald Portz, 30, a dad-of-three, had been found dead at the house just before 1am the day before and a woman, later named as Sally Godwin, had been arrested.

She was charged with murder on November 11.

A photo of the police cordon (Image: Hull Live)