Here are your rugby headlines on the morning of Tuesday, February 25, from Wales, the Six Nations and beyond.

England's final Six Nations match could be moved

England's last-day Six Nations clash against Italy in Rome on March 14 could be switched away from the Italian capital, according to reports.

Parts of Italy have gone into lockdown due to an increased number of coronavirus, with Italy Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announcing emergency measures late on Saturday. The number of cases in the country has now risen to more than 150, with seven confirmed deaths.

The MailOnline report the fixture is now the subject of hasty contingency plans, with Six Nations officials and their counterparts from the RFU and FIR in talks about what could happen if the Italy-England match cannot be played in Rome. The outlet reports that one source claimed the fall-back plan would be to move it to either Twickenham or Newcastle.

It comes as members of Ireland's National Public Health Emergency team are due to meet today after doubts were raised over Ireland's upcoming fixture against Italy next weekend, due to take place in Dublin.

A spokesperson for the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) said the Ireland v Italy games on March 3 “remain as scheduled” at present, but that they will "follow government advice" on upcoming fixtures.

Faletau: A win over England wouldn't define our campaign

Taulupe Faletau says that a win against England at Twickenham would not define Wales' Guinness Six Nations campaign.

The reigning Six Nations champions head to English rugby headquarters on a salvage mission in this season's tournament.

Defeats against Ireland and France have left hopes of a successful title defence in tatters.

Wales have not lost three games in a row during one Six Nations season since 2007, when they defeated England in Cardiff to avoid a whitewash.

And after Saturday's defeat to France, life is not about to get any easier, with Wales having last won a Six Nations game at Twickenham in 2012.

Wales number eight Faletau said: "A win over England isn't going to define our championship - as a group of players we are better than that.

"Winning the championship would have been good, but that is probably too far fetched now.

"It (French defeat) was a disappointing result for us. There were key moments in the game when momentum swung different ways.

"Eventually, when we thought we were on top, I think that intercept (France's third try) was a key moment in the game, and it took them that bit further away.

"It was a tough Test match. The French were physical, as we expected. We are disappointed with the result.

"We can take positives out of it, we are still building, and hopefully we can put a better performance in next time round.

"It is very frustrating not getting over the line, and we definitely feel we could have won those last two games. It just wasn't to be.

"We've got England next up, and I don't think we are going to need any motivation going into that game."

Mixed injury news for England ahead of Wales clash

England look set to be without Mako Vunipola when they face Wales in the penultimate round of this year's Six Nations, but Anthony Watson could be available to strengthen the back three when Wayne Pivac's men travel to Twickenham on March 7.

Vunipola last week travelled to Tonga for family reasons, forcing him to miss the 24-12 demolition of Ireland that has kept Eddie Jones' World Cup finalists in title contention, the Press Association news agency reports.

But the powerful loosehead prop is unlikely to return to these shores in time for the penultimate round of the Six Nations against Wales at Twickenham on Saturday week.

Watson, however, will link up with England at their three-day training camp in Oxford if he is able to demonstrate he has recovered from the calf problem that has prevented him from taking part in the championship to date.

"Mako probably won't be back for Wales. He's gone home for family business," head coach Jones said.

"Anthony's got to do a running session and if he gets through that we'll get him into camp."

Warren Gatland suffers double injury blow in New Zealand

New Zealand side Chiefs, coached by Warren Gatland, have been dealt a double injury blow with two of their All Blacks set for a significant spell on the sidelines.

Prop Angus Ta’avao and loose forward Luke Jacobson are ruled out for the foreseeable future as the side look to regroup after a 26-14 defeat to the Brumbies in Hamilton on Saturday.

Ta’avao hasn’t yet featured for Gatland since a suspected knee injury four weeks ago, but an update from the head coach on Tuesday revealed the issue is in fact a suspected quadricep tear, RugbyPass reports.

“We thought it was a knee contusion and a haematoma from the Blues game, and it’s actually ended up being quite a significant tear in his quad,” Gatland told reporters.

Jacobson was pulled from the field with just 10 minutes on the clock in the Brumbies clash in what was his first match back from a concussion problem which ruled him out of the All Blacks’ World Cup campaign, suffering a hamstring issue.