Great Britain

Royal Family LIVE: Meghan WON'T cut interview due to Philip's ill health, claims insider

Friends of the Duchess of Sussex said the Royal Family was using the Duke of Edinburgh's health problems as an excuse to keep her "muzzled". Prince Philip, who is 99-years-old, had surgery on his heart last week and is still in hospital. There has been growing pressure on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to push back their CBS interview with Oprah because Prince Philip is currently in hospital.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, a friend of the Duchess of Sussex claimed: "Even if Meghan had the choice to postpone the Oprah special she said she wouldn't because it has absolutely nothing to do with Prince Philip and that this is just an excuse by the palace to keep her muzzled.

"Prince Harry has no say on the matter.

"What's done is done.

"Meghan said now the whole world can see what she had to endure for months on end.

"No support whatsoever and now even across the pond, still no loyalty or support."

A new trailer of the controversial interview shows the Duchess of Sussex suggesting the Royal Family were "perpetuating falsehoods" about her and her husband, Prince Harry.

This is a live blog, see below for the latest royal updates during the day.

DON'T MISS
SHUT UP PIERS! Women don't want or need your opinion on our bodies [OPINION]
Piers Morgan attacks Meghan fans after charity founder deletes tweet [INSIGHT]
Piers Morgan rages at Government over 'kick in the teeth' for NHS [VIDEO]

7.40 am update: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah interview is ‘completely inappropriate’ with Prince Philip in hospital, a Tory MP has said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey is "completely inappropriate", said Tory MP and staunch Royalist Andrew Rosindell has said.

The Romford MP said: "Harry and Meghan are stepping down from their official duties, that they have made clear.

“However, their appetite for becoming 'private citizens' seems questionable, given their current drive for publicity.

“Now that they have stepped down from official duties, they can of course do whatever they want.

“Yet has it not crossed their minds, as it has the rest of the British public, that at a time when the Duke of Edinburgh is currently in hospital the way they are behaving is completely inappropriate?”

Football news:

UEFA will soon announce whether the Champions League and Europa League will be completed this season. In social networks there were rumors about the suspension of tournaments
In football revolution-live online 🚨 Super League starts in August, wait for the matches in the middle of the week
FIFA: We can only express our disapproval of the creation of a closed European league
Agnelli left the post of head of the Association of European Clubs. All 12 clubs of the founding clubs of the Super League have also left
The start of the Super League is scheduled for August. 20 clubs, matches in the middle of the week, clubs will be able to play in the national championships
Agnelli resigns as head of the Association of European Clubs. The participants of the Super League scored for an emergency meeting-they supported UEFA
Florentino Perez is the chairman of the European Super League. Andrea Agnelli and Joel Glazer are the deputies