I'm A Celeb star Richard Madeley has suggested it remains undecided whether he will receive his full fee for the ITV series, after having to quit the show early.

While it appeared Richard had only been on the series for four days since the launch, the Good Morning Britain presenter revealed that they had actually begun filming days earlier, and said he managed eight days in the castle compound.

It was reported that Richard had signed a £200,000 deal before joining the 2021 line-up.

Since his exit, it's been claimed he could still get his fee in full despite being forced to quit the series hosted by Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly.

Richard Madeley has addressed reports he will still receive his full fee for I'm A Celebrity (

Image:

ITV)

Richard appeared awkward as co-host Susana Reid grilled him about the money on the show on Monday, as he made his return.

But he appeared to divert the conversation, while suggesting he had no idea if he would get the full amount.

Richard was forced to leave the ITV series after being taken to hospital last week, after feeling unwell, with him exiting the strict Covid bubble between the campmates.

Richard then addressed whether he would return to the series next year

Amid confusion over whether he should have been allowed to briefly quarantine and then return, after his campmates were forced to evacuate this weekend, he said ITV made the right choice.

Susanna then said: "Another question people are asking is if you only do a couple of days, do you still get the fee?"

Richard then appeared to downplay suggestion he left as soon as it seemed he did, before brushing the question under the carpet.

He said: "Well I did a lot more than a couple of days, I'll tell you that. I was actually in the castle for about eight days in the end.

"I don't know about the fee, I have only just got home. I will leave that to my agent to talk about. It will be fine, we'll sort something out."

I'm A Celeb star Richard Madeley has suggested it is undecided whether he will receive his full fee (

Image:

ITV)

Richard then addressed whether he would return to the series next year, saying he would as long as it was back in Australia.

He said: "Ha, give me a break. It would depend on them asking me and God, I have only just come out. I'd certainly say never say never. I'd certainly consider it.

"I wouldn't do the castle again, thank you very much. I've been there, done that. I'll go where it's warm."

Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.

Read More

Read More